Cryptos are pretty Expensive on Revolut

Hey guys,

I noticed that there are hidden charges on Revolut when buying Cryptos. There’s a one off fee, but also the buying price is higher than the market price. It would be great if this can be shown to the user and explained!

1 Like

Read this:

Especially this:

You can find information in here too.

Hi there.

Our prices are streamed from the bid/ask prices quoted in realtime by the exchanges we use. They are computed as a Volume Weighted Average Price to which a 1.5% fee is added.

You can read about our crypto rates on our blog post here: bit.ly/2Cugk8w

Revolut earns double commissions on cryptos.
First, you earn from the spread that is difference in the buying and selling quote price at any particular time (Trading 212 model).
Secondly you charge a fee also on top of that.

2 Likes

@harshk, like coinbase. If you do not want to be scamed (if you think so), you can by on Crypto Exchange (Binance for instance), which is not Revolut.

Yes that’s right for an alternative. But we all prefer Revolut here. And when Revolut talks about introducing “commission free trading” in the future, I dont know how charging double commissions (as mentioned before by me) helps to add up to this case! It’s a huge contradiction…

I’m a new user so I can’t open a new thread. When I try to buy Ether, there is a large difference between the displayed price per 1 Ether and the price when go to buy it.

Example: Right now, Revolut is showing that 1 ETH = €475.90. When I now click ‘Buy’ / Market order and enter 1 ETH, it shows a price of €502.85. That means I will have to pay €26.95 for the privilege of buying 1 ETH. What is this markup? Can anyone explain?