Cryptocurrencies

Does anyone know whether Revolut is planning to offer more cryptocurrency options in the near future other than Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin? Also I 've read about the fork of Litecoin and the introduction of Litecoin Cash (LCC) and that current holders of Litecoin will receive 10 LCC for each Litecoin they hold. Will this be the case for those who hold Litecoin through Revolut?

I have read somewhere that they are working on adding Ripple.

I would be very skeptic about Litecoin forks such as Litecoin Cash or Litecoin Ultimate or whatever they might be called, more often than not they will just be scams or a quick way of making money.

Stick to the tried and tested coins.

I agree with what you are saying however if it is the case that Litecoin will fork it means that current holders of Litecoin will be entitle to 10 LCCash for each Litecoin. Therefore my question is whether and how Revolut will deal with this issue

All of the currency you buy at Revolut are kept in a pool and not in a personal wallet belonging to you (this can change in the future). That means Revolut will have to collect the LCC or other fork coins and distribute them to their account holders. I am sure they will do this if they start to support that fork. However in order for Revolut to support a fork their Partner for buying/selling cryptocurrencies also have to support it, which is Bitstamp. Bitstamp only supports the major coins currently and i don’t see this change soon.

2 Likes

Hi there.

We are looking into the option of additional crypto. :slight_smile:

We have no plans to support any forks at present. But this may change as the community evolves, we’ll continue to monitor/review.

1 Like