Create joint accounts!

Please please please make a proper joint account

3 Likes

I was personally waiting for the joint account but now that they introduced the ā€œgroup split billā€ I donā€™t feel the need anymore :wink: itā€™s so simple: I have created a split group called Family and for all the common expenses we add things there. There is the ā€œsmart settle upā€ function so you donā€™t have to worry anymore.

1 Like

+1 on this feature. Whether itā€™s shared accounts, or being able to get several cards for your partner under the same account to be able to share the balance, spending and budgets.

My wife and I want to have a common picture of our spending. One week I might do more grocery shopping than her, another week it might be the oppositeā€¦ We want to keep track of our spending together. Budgeting, as it is today, is kinda pointless unless youā€™re on your own. Thereā€™s no point in setting up a budget for groceries if your significant other is also spending outside of Revolut.

Any news on whether this is something being looked at? Iā€™d basicaly want a ā€œJuniorā€ card for my wife with no limits: shared transaction history, shared budgets, access for herā€¦ Same as with any Amex card, that you can order an extra card for someone else and it goes into the same statement.

2 Likes

+1

This is the most wanted feature by most of us.

1 Like

+1

My wife and I both have our salary paid into a joint account. All bills, groceries, household purchases are made from our joint account.

We each have a personal revolut account and transfer a small amount each month to spend as we wish on ourselves.

Until revolut can offer joint accounts I canā€™t see us using their services for anything more than we currently do.

I would be more happy to upgrade my account if you could offer joint accounts. Revolutā€™s UI is so far ahead of our current banking provider. Itā€™s a shame we canā€™t take advantage of it.

2 Likes

did you try the ā€œgroup billsā€ feature?? It works perfectly for me and my partner, we just created a group called Family and we add all the expenses there. Seriously give it a try

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, but it doesnā€™t really fit into the way I think of a ā€œshared accountā€.

With group bills you add a few specific transactions that are meant to be split (with your partner, flatmatesā€¦) and keep the rest to yourself.

In our case, we think of our economy as one. We look at our joint spending whether itā€™s me buying a por of Jordans or her going to the hairdresser.

I know some couples might only split the necessary, but weā€™d like all expenses from both of us to be aggregated automatically. Thatā€™s how we budget, together.

Having to select each transaction and add it to a group bill as if we were to ā€œsplit the billā€ isnā€™t how we think.

We split everything by default.

4 Likes

thatā€™s why for the moment, while we wait for the join account feature, the group bill is fantastic. Itā€™s different than the personal split bill section because in the split group tab you have the smart settle option that calculates automatically the positive and the negative balance. For instance, we just add everything in the family group and we proceed with a smart settle every end of the month. Give it a try :wink:

1 Like

This is a must, and Revolut is in a great position to be able to offer such accounts.

Iā€™m still awaiting for my full registration documents for Sweden, but me and my husband want a joint account - which I canā€™t get with a Swedish bank without a personnummer - however I hope to have this soon.

So; please. Introduce joint accounts!! :pray:t3::pray:t3:

1 Like

Please make joint accounts possible.

i desperately need that. Monese has it! cmonā€¦

1 Like

be careful what you ask for.
Basic accounts have a limit of ā‚¬1000/month currency exchange but 2 personal accounts double that limit.
What makes you think that :r: will up that to 2k for a joint account?

3 Likes

Joint account should include two physical cards. If I have a private account as well I want to be able to access both accounts from the app.

My partner should only see the joint account.

4 Likes

+1 for joint accounts. This is a must for my continued use

2 Likes

Yes, I think this would also be a game changer for families

2 Likes

+1
I would also like to have a joint account.

3 Likes

Topping this up.
Maybe instead of creating an actual joint account, would it not be easier to be able to select certain person out of your contact list as someone who will be sharing all of your payments for the upcoming n hours/weeks/forever/etc. (and vice versa)? Perhaps make it that several people can be included in one payment group, as was mentioned beforeā€¦ Old separate accountsā€™ limits apply.
In other words: if you can select someone to automatically split bills with for the next n hours/days/weeks/etc.

1 Like

+100 Joint account is very much needed and must to share the Bills with your spouse not only the savings with your group vault or splitting the billsā€¦

1 Like

This is my top feature request!!!

3 Likes

This one of the key things to be able to use Revolut as our (with my wife) main bank. Without shared/joint accounts, itā€™s a mess to follow our family finance.

Shared accounts are also good for people share same apartment or having a holiday with a group etc

I want to move away from Bunq but because of lack of this feature, I can not move to Revolut completely.

2 Likes