Country of issue same as billing address?

I just tried to buy something from a Singaporean website with my Revolut card and it asked for the country of issue. I know there have been discussions on here about the issuing banks (England) and Revolut is based in London. Anyway, the website was rubbish and rejected my payment. I was told that maybe the problems were because I had put England as the country of issue although I live in France and that I should have stated France. How can this be the case if the card came from England and the bank account I use to top up my Revolut card is my English one? If I’m asked for country of issue in future am I supposed to say France because that’s my billing address? I don’t want to get into this situation again - wasted half a day trying to get a good flight deal and not understanding why the payment was rejected.

Part of the technical framework of credit card companies is a sort of identity check: merchants can ask Mastercard / Visa to verify the billing address of a customer. When you set up your Revolut account with your French home address, the card holder billing address of your Revolut card is your home address. Maybe the website should have asked you for the billing address?

No, I’m used to using the billing address. This was definitely “country of issue”.

Sorry, misread the end of your message. Maybe they should! Too late now. I tried a third time to get the flight and thought I’d buy with my Visa instead, but when I got through, it shut down my computer! It’s a sign! I’m trying with a different airline :slight_smile: