complaint

It’s not acceptable for ANY customer.

I received an email trying to persuade me to get salary paid into Revolut - I mean why on Earth would you ???

1 Like

I’ve a complaint!
You want me to send you proof of the main shareholders of my company

I already sent 3 times official documents from the belgian government and each time you refused. You threaten to suspend my business bank account.

It’s outrageous to treat customers like this. Moreover, it is impossible to reach you by chat or email…

Please contact me ASAP!

1 Like

I am afraid this will not happen as this is a user forum.

I am unable to start a new topic, so piling on in this thread. Our business premium account has just been limited so that we are unable to pay our suppliers. “Please be aware that bank transfers are temporary disabled for your Revolut Business account. Please log in to the web interface to provide missing information.”

The required information was provided a month ago, but Revolut never reviewed it. Nobody is contactable in customer service, nobody is replying on Twitter. This is farcical, and likely illegal. What is going on?

Hi ! I had many contacts with the chats to resolve a Revolut request for a notary document. I have sent all documents I had to testify the ownership of my company, but none was enough. Do I have the only french company which is in trouble with the GB->LT switch ?

Hi Rafael,

I need to file a complain too - My money transaction has been pending for a week now where i et told it has been passed to higher authority. I have had to pay from my personal account the amount due to the supplier and now i cannot even cancel the transaction.

Just opened a business account. Very poor experience so far.

• No free card available - although I have a paid plan
  • Chat does nothing but “look for an agent”
  • The card ordering reported an error - no cancel just continue
  • I have been charged 3 x £49 for 3 cards I don’t want.
  • No PIN number for app
    Now very worried

Hi, my merchat’s account has been closed without any explanation. I have 1.500 euro on my merchant account which I am not able to withdraw. I am waiting for 10 days and the Customer Support is saying nothing but that the relevant team has been informed and they will let me know. This is just unacceptable. Does anyone had a similar experience?

1 Like

Any one able to help with this?

I had an international transfer done from @HSBC_US to in Ireland. It was bounced by revolut. 4 weeks later still not resolved. Instead of a ‘refund’ - Revolut did a new transfer. They won’t admit their error on the chat.My business manager at HSBC US can see it on the wire tracking. Cash stuck in France. Revolut use @jpmorgan - and say JP Morgan can deal with it. I don’t bank with JP Morgan. Revolut won’t contact JPMorgan. Am sick of revolut chat and shift changes. Then someone new comes on says the same. No managers. Its a joke. And they try and convince businesses to use them!!! This needs fixing.

Revolut have the worst customer services.I request my card in February,I am Spanish and I have 2 surnames,but they don’t want to understand that.I received three card with the wrong name.I spend aroun 20 hours on the chat ,they confirmed me the name all the times but after that the cards arrived wrong.nobody cares. The said me “you have the new card before you travel” but I don’t believe it.
I paid for a different plan for have a personalised card and I received ok.Two days ago I confirmed the agent this is the only right card,with the right name and today I tried to used and the cancell it….no advise no explanation nothing
I tried to contact by chat and after 30 min no answer,I can no open a new chat.
I sent a mail with a complaint and they said 35 days….
Very bad bad service

1 Like

Our business account was opened yesterday and started with bad experience :rage:

Yesterday our business account was opened. I checked the IBAN information and did two transfers to our new account:

1. EUR SWIFT transfer
  2. USD SWIFT transfer

Both were done at the same time - but USD transfer was a little bit quicker received.

After the USD was received Revolut did an unwanted currency conversation from USD to EUR
because our account was negative - for sure because it was freshly opened and Revolut charges the yearly fee into negative balance!

The Terms & Conditions describe how they can process negative balance:

a) customer need to recharge main account within 7 days
b) revolut can transfer from currency sub account and convert to main account

I fully understand this - but i understand that (b) is only emergency solution if (a) is not possible. Seems that Revolut will try to get their money without any exceptions immediately.

For a better customer experience Revolut should give a grace period of 48h after Business account is freshly opened without currency conversation.
Its bad starting with such a negative experience - it looks like our account is not under our control and Revolut treats it as a self-service store.

Hi Rafael,

I hope you can help me. I’ve been a client of Revolut Business for 3 years now. I recently switched mobile phones (3 weeks ago) and since then I simply cannot access my account, nor the App so I cant communicate with your customer support team. Whenever I open the App, it thinks I’m a new customer (i don’t have the option to login in). I go through the process and of course my company already exists. I’ve tried changing my password several times but it always takes me to the point of being a new client. I would really appreciate your help, Regards James

Hi @JamesN and welcome.
The post to which you have linked is from Aug 2018 and the writer was last seen here in March 2020. (see profile here)
As a business customer you may find (this link) as a useful means of contacting the team recently posted by @Mariana_Rodrigues the community manager.

Hi Graham,

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

regards,

James

1 Like

COMPLAINT
My personal account has been under review for 18days. With no access to my funds. Customer Chat just states its still being reviewed and can’t give me a timescale for completion.This is not acceptable, how can Revolut just hold my funds indefinitely whilst they “review”. What are you reviewing.I am extremely upset with this service…

1 Like

Try formalcomplaints@revolut.com if that doesn’t do the trick, escalate to the higher Financial Services Ombudsman (or equivalent in your country should be explained on the website under complaints procedure). Revolut is required to report on formal complaints to their regulator, including how long it took to resolve. That’s for most banks/emoney providers incentive enough to speed things up. 18 days is not acceptable if the customer is cooperating.

2 Likes

It is normal for :r: to tell you why your account is under review and that will often provide a clue as to why matters are taking such a long time. You don’t mention how much money is involved here but in other cases, it has transpired that a significant amount of funds have been placed in the account and requests from :r: to identify the source of the funds as part of the checks they are obliged to make have been ignored.

2 Likes

It is irrelevant how much or how little money is involved. You’re right it can take 18 days or longer if the customer is uncooperative, but if they cooperated with any requests for documentation taking this long is indefensible. Based on the post, the customer has been in contact with Revolut support, who said they didn’t know how long it would take, not “please send us x”. This makes me think the customer did not ignore any requests in this case.

It’s not just me who thinks 18 days is inacceptable, the Prudendial Regualtion Authority agrees. If you follow Revolut’s quest for a UK banking licence, the length of account freezes (not the total number of freezes/reviews!!!) comes up again and again as a negative point. Obviously there are many other issues and as an outsider it’s difficult to know how they weigh certain points, but I dare say this at least contributes to the lack of a UK banking licence.

2 Likes

A lot for people to speculate on.

Usually significant out of character behaviour amounts will need to be reviewed.

18 days is nothing, 15 working days a general rule but can take as long as they need to comply with AML requirements.

Those who shout loudest usually did the bad.

3 Likes

It’s not unsurprising that people quickly jump to conclusions about Revolut when they are not in possession of the full facts.

2 Likes