Click to accept payment

How about letting others pay and you sent the money since you all have Revolut.

Not a solution but better than losing money.

We do that too.

As you can imagine a crew of 8-12 people, a couple of meals a day. Either everybody pays individually and it takes forever or we do what we do.

Before, you never had to accept payment. You donā€™t with other banks and we just all happen to use Revolut.

You donā€™t with other banks or revolut IF they are paying to your account number and sort code.

P2P payment solutions from other services and banks donā€™t have receiverā€™s confirmation requirements. Like Paypal, Venmo or N26ā€™s Money Beam.

But Revolutā€™s product is different. Itā€™s way more complex than most of the other offerings. And this complexity leads to vulnerabilities other services do not have to deal with.

It makes sense to me, as far as I understand the security challenges, that Revolut has this mechanism. It also makes sense for @Pagemakers to wish for a more convenient user experience.

As I said before, I donā€™t believe Revolut is going to get rid of this extra step without solving the security risk problem differently. No one at Revolut wants to make a product more complicated than it used to be without a reason. The fact that P2P transfesr were exploited in the past and that this step seems to fix this, my conclusion is that this is the reason why Revolut made this change. Itā€™s not ā€œstupidā€ that Revolut asks for this verification, but it is causing understandable problems for specific use cases. Revolut probably wasnā€™t aware of @Pagemakersā€™s specific customer journey when they were designing the UX. Itā€™s valid criticism. But itā€™s probably also and edge case affecting a relatively small number of users so there might not be enough pressure for Revolut to redesign the UX.

2 Likes

I agree with your comments. Iā€™m only expressing my user-experience and that of my of my colleagues whom all have the same grumble. Iā€™ve been a Revolut user since day one and Iā€™m not expecting it to change for me.

One thing that puzzles meā€¦ if the sender has authenticated themselves by Face ID, Touch ID or whatever Android use surely thatā€™s the security done. Why must I have to accept the payment.

No, a password on the senderā€™s side does not address the risk(s) that I have in mind. I agree, it would be simpler if Revolutā€™s P2P system would be a closed system like Paypal, but itā€™s not.

1 Like

Maybe then a feature requestā€¦
That when a call for payment is made it is diarized (for the want of a better expression) and as each payment Ā«offerĀ» is made the app is updated and Ā«tickedĀ» when the payment is accepted with an available report in app to show Ā«outstandingĀ» receipts?
Iā€™m sure that would be equally useful in @Pagemakers use case as well as for others using this feature.
Nice neat little feature ripe for some budding software engineer to get their teeth intoā€¦
Would that work for you?

Or the sender ticks a box for the payment to be auto-accepted.

that wouldnā€™t perhaps match the security concerns expressed by @Frank :arrow_up: since it could be exploited with impropriety in mindā€¦
Ahā€¦ hang onā€¦ when you say Ā«senderĀ» do you mean the person making the request :thinking:
That could work.

I think this still leads to the same security concerns if payments are automatically sent/received.

No. Additional measures from the senderā€˜s side wonā€™t solve it. Thatā€™s not the problem. That would be just like transferring directly. Itā€™s not the sender that is exposed to the risk I have in mind but the receiver.

2 Likes

What risk do you have in mind? Fishing for active numbers, i.e. Revolut users, by executing small transfers?

1 Like

Am I correct, that this additional ā€žapprovalā€ is required only for receiving money from an ā€œunknownā€ person? I am asking, because I was not aware of this functionality before, even though I am sending/receiving money from time to time. But it may be so, that those people were/are on my contact list already, hence no additional step is triggeredā€¦

Yeah its only new transfers, assuming if you were transferring to said people before this step was in place, youā€™d either already accepted first payment or the trust value is there due to frequency.

1 Like

What risk?..

1 Like

What? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: .

Are they still pending on the transaction page? They might return within 7/30 days.

Raise it with chat in the app.

Sont-ils toujours en attente sur la page de transaction ? Ils pourraient revenir dans les 7/30 jours.

Ɖlevez-le avec le chat dans lā€™application

1 Like