Choose your own personal iban

It would be nice to be able to choose your own persoanle iban. Other digital banks allow you to do that, and it’s a great thing

3 Likes

I frankly cannot see how that would work…

I do know it is possible to check and confirm an IBAN but for a customer to create their own - confusion could ensue and the whole structure of IBAN compromised :thinking:

2 Likes

Yapeal allows you to do this without any problems

1 Like

Not sure you have got that quite right about setting your own IBAN.

The Private and Private+ accounts from Yapeal let you transfer money to foreign accounts in more than 80 different countries. Yapeal uses Wise (formerly TransferWise) for international transactions. You pay the Wise fees, plus a Yapeal convenience fee.

They got it partly right. Yapeal’s website says you can freely choose the last twelve digits of the IBAN (account number in CH), the first part can’t be changed. You can even choose letters instead of numbers. It sounds kinda cool, but it also sounds like a solution that is looking for a problem. I’m probably just too old to understand that. But hey, why not?

It would make it much easier to remember for the customer as the LT IBAN is quite long :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How do I find my IBAN number?

Is it the Swift, BIC and Account Number combined, which would only be 20 characters vs 22 necessary?

blog.revolut.com says, To find your IBAN on the Revolut app, head to your Dashboard and click on an account for a given currency, whether British Pound or Euro. You’ll see your “Local” details displayed – but click on SWIFT and your IBAN will appear.

However my IBAN does not appear there, just Account number, BIN and wire routing number. I have tried the IBAN calculator but it does not accept my BIN and account number.

Please help.

@seegek Hello and Welcome to the :r: community. :blush:

Please check this FAQ link to find a solution to the questions you asked. :rocket:

Hope this helps. :pray:

Veda | Community Team