Charity Business Accounts

Are there any current plans to offer discounted non-profit accounts for charities upon verification? Very few banks offer nonprofit accounts, which can sometimes increase the expenses of NGOs quite a lot, especially those with international partners.

TechSoup or Benevity can be also be used for validating the documentation of the potential charities.

21 Likes

Yes please!!
Even though free account exist for non profit associations and such, they are not tech-oriented!
I’d love a Revolut approach on this sector

5 Likes

Absolutely! We are creating two non profit communities ( one to promote new writers and the other one to promote young comedians - on stage and short movies ) and we are a small group so far. So we might wait like a full year before getting any subventions. Standard / Premium model account like the particular would be nice ! Also the vault is very practical to put money a side for specific projects ( if we can have the possibility to have an insurance by project that would be amazing) and the last thing is the possibility to give every member a revolut private account and have dedicated cards to manager expenses or even to create a grant to promote a talented writer or artist.

Also Charity or noProfit, does not mean you don’t do profit, it means profit needs to be reinvested.

Please keep us updated!! Defiantly interested !!

2 Likes

Hi.
Do you know if Revoult support bank accounts for small UK Charities (less than 4000 GBP/Year)?

2 Likes

I totaly agree with a revolut non profit account. Banks right now are treating NGO’s like regular businesses which is not fair and most of them cannot afford the costs.
Something like Revolut for business would be nice, issuing cards for thr ngo’s members, setting spending limit, easy exchange when having projects oversea or when you have to purchase something that’s not in the ngo’s local currency

3 Likes

Great idea!
The NGO I am working for is active all over the world - mostly in Africa and the Near East providing aid for the refugees. We do a lot of international bank transfers, which is very expensive. Our staff uses credit cards and the commercial exchange rates are killing us. Please prepare an offer for NGOs.
Regards,
Tom

4 Likes

We r a small charity currently receiving around 10000 euros in donations but our donors are mostly based in europe and usa. With a charity account i coul easily see our donations doubling due to the technological ease that money could be sent to us. Please advise when u will accept applications for registered official government licensed charity accounts

4 Likes

This is such a great idea that would make a huge difference for small charities. I hope the Revolut team will consider it!

2 Likes

Great idea, totally agree it would make such a difference and help small not for profit charities that are struggling with ridiculous bank fees!

4 Likes

fully support this!! Is there any news on this from Revolut?

1 Like

Would a non-profit organisation be able to use Revolut Business, or would that be considered as one of the businesses not applicable to this type of account?

I am also deeply interested in this as I am an NGO board member, helping rural communities mostly in Asia and Africa.
Also as we help develop areas, the next step is financial inclusion…
:r: keep in mind that we could bring more customers to you, just saying :thinking:

1 Like

I agree on supporting non-profit entities (tip for Revolut: Crédit Agricole just removed its free tier for non-profits in France, you probably have hundreds of thousands of possible customers waiting to know about you!).

Apart from the matter of fees, are non-profits supported at all and what are the requirements? If they were, was it easy to transfer access to the account to the next board/president/treasurer or to move the domicile?

The help pages are quite sparse on the topic; there’s only one bullet point in a long list of banned “industries”, “Charities, political organisations or religious organisations”.

1 Like

I’m struggling to understand if non-profits are at all supported.

Can someone share if non-profits are eligible to open business accounts on Revolut?

Hi. I’m interested in the Charity bank account too. I did get through to revolut. Unfortunately they don’t do this kind of account.

Hi Nathalie;… we are already in October… We are trying to set up an NGO account with revolut… Could you help or indicate which is the best way to proceed… Thanks

Carlos