Charges $20 for an USD transfer

Hello,

I wired some USD to my revolut account. On top of the fees charged by the bank sending the money, an extra USD20 has been charged and the amount reaching my Revolut account was short of USD20.
Is there any explanation for this ?

SWIFT transfer have intermediate banks,who charge you :frowning:

3 Likes

I called Revolut helpline, and asked for more transparency. Namely they could ask Lloyds what is their fee policy. Should not be too complicated to get. They declined !

There‘s a blog article about international SWIFT transfers with some background details about fees as well.

2 Likes

do you have the link ?

eh? what number? the only number i’ve seen is for blocking cards.

Hi there. Revolut does not charge a fee to top up your account via bank transfer. However, it is important to watch out for third-party fees.

If your transfer is in EUR or CHF and your bank is using SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) then a transfer to Revolut will cost the same as a domestic transfer. SEPA includes the 28 E.U. member states as well as Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, and San Marino. If your transfer is in PLN, USD or any other currency then it will likely be sent via SWIFT. This means that your bank (and/or an intermediary bank) could charge you an international transfer fee.

If you would like to find out more details, please contact the bank from which the transfer was sent and request an MT103.

1 Like