Chargeback Experiences?

Actullay not. orginal rules allowed me a full refund in case of a flight cancellation.

1. 2. Involuntary Tickets Refunds:
  1. Involuntary Tickets Refunds shall mean the refund that may be requested by the customer who has purchased the tickets if a scheduled RJ flight has been cancelled or rerouted as per Article 9.1 & 9.2 in the conditions of carriage, and there is no

2. RJ flight with a comparable routing available within 24 hours of the original time of departure to the destination that is through ticketed (last destination of the ticket) and in case of such unavailability, RJ is unable to provide other alternate air transportation acceptable to the passenger; or

3. Available non-comparable routing on RJ or another carrier that arrives within 24 hours of the original time of arrival to the destination that is through ticketed (last destination of the ticket) and in case of such unavailability, RJ is unable to provide other alternate air transportation acceptable to the passenger.

4. Involuntary Refund tour code will be generated from system and should be added upon involuntary refund from any sales channel.

5. Involuntary Tickets Refund will apply as follow:

6. If the ticket is un-used regardless of Royal Jordanianā€™s fare rule, the total fare amount will be refunded.

7. If the ticket is partially used regardless of Royal Jordanianā€™s fare rule, Royal Jordanian will refund the value of the un-used coupons .

8. RJ, YQ surcharge is refundable in case of involuntary refunds.

File an official complaint. Revolut will have some time to issue a final response (either they will process your chargeback or tell you no). At which point you can take this to the UKā€™s Financial Ombudsman service.

I made the chargeback form for some transactions.
Drew sent me a message in the app chat, and i replied him but he donā€™t give me an answer.
What i can do? I need to speak with a chargeback agent.

Thnaks

I just finished a chargeback process raised back in January. Three months have passed and I heard nothing back other than ā€œYour Dispute Form has been receivedā€. I then contacted them yesterday, and was told the amount was too low to be disputed :joy: and that they just cancelled it without notifying me. Good thing that I wrote it in my calendar.

Word of advice: If you are disputing a transaction due to illegal surcharges banned by EU, then dispute the entire amount if you cannot figure out a solution with the merchant.

It is an unfortunate situation, which, once again, erodes Revolutā€™s credibility little by little.

What does ā€œtoo lowā€ mean exactly?

It means that the difference between what is on the receipt (DKK 199) and what was actually charged (DKK 201.38) is too low to dispute the extra charge.

I sent the dispute form from January and wait. In July, I checked again with the live agent. He/she said that they did not received the form I sent, even that I got the confirmation email from revolut. The chargeback team should update the website. Now what should I do?

1 Like

It does indeed seem like Revolut hopes that we give up. I suggest filing a formal complaint with the UK Financial Ombudsman

1 Like

so, on may 24 I raised a chargeback for my flight ticket. my flight wasnā€™t canceled, but I was rejected to take my flight, since Spanish government decided that only those with spanish passport and residency could enter there. on june 3 I received a message on revolut app from a guy asking whether or not my flight was canceled. I explained that it wasnā€™t, however I didnā€™t receive the service which I paid for, and also proved that in this case I might raise a chargeback as well. at first he didnā€™t want to raise it, but then he agreed. anyways, on june 5 my chargeback was successfully raised. today, exactly 45 days since it was raised I received a message from the same guy saying that the merchant proved that they gave me a voucher which never happened. so he said he cannot do anything anymore. He also said the flight wasnt canceled at all, as if it is a brand new info. I really said that when I raised my chargeback, and it seemed like he understood that also in my case I can ask for chargeback. Apparently, he just ignored what I said. simply donā€™t understand it. how come he didnā€™t get in touch with me to check whether or not I really received that voucher? and it is really suspicious that he got in touch with me exactly after 45 days since my chargeback was raised. it is the exact timeframe for mastercard chargeback process. from the very beginning it seemed like he didnā€™t want to help and today he proved that. I asked him to send me that document which the airline company gave to revolut to prove that they gave me a voucher. he doesnā€™t reply now. I am really disappointed with you, revolut.

1 Like

File an official complaint with the Financial Ombudsman in the UK. I actually wonder if anyone has ever been successful with raising a chargeback at Revolut? But itā€™s true: From beginning to end they seem very unwilling to help.

I raised a chargeback last week sir a substantial amount of money that I am at great distress without. I provided more evidence and have waited two days for an update. As of 6th September the chat window just infinitely says ā€˜looking for an agentā€™. I was also promised an update by Monday so I would ideally have this resolved then also.

Hi guys, I purchased privately (through my Revolut Visa card) a pair of shoes that sadly when the parcel arrived, no shoes were in. I notified the seller and the parcel delivery office. As they were sent internationally the parcel company stated the seller needs to claim ā€œloss of item/damageā€ but the seller is refusing, and now ignoring my emails. I raised a chargeback through Revolut on 3rd November, 2 weeks after the item was ordered and the following day to the seller ignoring me.
Iā€™ve followed up multiple times but have heard nothing but ā€œwe have received your disputeā€ since.
Now I work in financial services and know that Visa disputes should be raised ASAP and have 30 days for disputes to be corrected. This is a chargeback so should come under the 30 days. However Iā€™m getting nowhere with a response from Revolut!
How can I escalate this? Iā€™m conscious that they havenā€™t even sent the chargeback over to visa let alone respond to me. I am aware I can raise a complaint also.
I asked about timelines for resolution and Revolut are point blank refusing to give me a resolution timeline, even though I have pointed out visa stipulates 30 days under their terms of supplying cards.

Thanks
Jade

Hi,

I would contact them via Twitter if possible. Tweet them and they tend to reply or ask you to DM.

If you get nowhere then I would raise a complaint with Revolut or the financial authority. I am not sure how Revolut have got away with having such poor customer contact services.

1 Like

Hi there, I have an active chargeback for over $1000. The chargeback was initially set up as it had been over two months since the items were supposed to arrive. Now during the chargeback the items have arrived but they are faulty, broken and rusty. I have spoken to 4 people on revolut help who refuse to update the chargeback team with this information. They also refuse to provide me with contact details. If the person managing the case does not have this information, they will be provided with a delivery notification and my chargeback will be declined. Clearly the dispute team need to receive this update to be able to recover my funds. I have downloaded a copy of all correspondence as I will follow the complaints procedure and raise it to the FSO if my case is declined because Revolut do not have adequate communication channels. Can you please advise who I can contact so the team dealing with my case have the most up to date information?

I have been waiting 2 months to receive a chargeback that Revolut took from my account. I have had daily lies from the ā€œlive chatā€ members saying they are awaiting updates and I was promised a final response by the 23rd November which I havenā€™t recieved. Without a shadow out doubt, this is the worst bank Iā€™ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with

Agree with all of the above, Revolut are awful to deal with when something goes wrong. Iā€™ve spoken to 25 agents to try and get mine progressed.

You get passed pillar to post. Once no one could even speak English. They are a 33 billion pound bank acting like a lemonade stand. I cannot see them getting a British banking license.

Whatā€™s worse is that my chargeback centres on money laundering and itā€™s treated like Ā£50 lost on trainers. Itā€™s thousands of pounds!!

Itā€™s near impossible to get the truth from them or an update. Just dreadful. I will be closing my account immediately once this ordeal is over.

1 Like

Cc fraudulent use of my credit card: Metal Revolut

Hello,

I take the opportunity to send you this email because of the impossible communication with Revolut and having a responsible person on the line.

I would like to claim a chargeback because my Revolut Metal card has been used by fraud in Switzerland while I was in Cannes France and explain my concerns about how Revolut is handling my claim. You will understand my frustration on this as well

• Informed the fraud via chat: but every time I have a new person on the line that need to look into my case
  • The persons on the chat just telling me they are sorry and forward this to a team member
  • I did receive an answer from mr Guillermo Guijarro Rodriguez but basically telling me the same sorry and they can do nothing
  • I did prove the fraud: the fraudulent person was physically buying in Zurich while I was in Cannes France buying with the same credit card.
  • This lead me to the security issues at Revolut: I did not receive any notification about those fraudulent use.
  • Following the European Consumer Center organisation, if there is Fraud I should be charged back

ā€œ

If your card was used without you knowing, for example when you still have your card but its number and expiry date have been stolen and used fraudulently following a hack, you could be held responsible. Contest all fraudulent debits on your account via a written statement as soon as possible and, at the latest, within 13 months for a debit in the EU, Lichtenstein, Iceland, and Norway, or within 70 days for a fraudulent payment out of the European Economic Area. After receiving your registered letter, the bank will recredit you immediately with the amounts contested.

ā€œ

-)Communication is so difficult with Revolut thatā€™s why I send you this email.

Christian Levecq

Hi there everyone.

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve visited this community, primarily due to Revolutā€™s very harsh environment towards people posting here mixed with my opinions on their failure with customer support.

I personally believe you all should take the following action:

• Raise a complaint.
  • Wait the 8 weeks until it can be taken to the (British) Financial Ombudsman. Iā€™ve never had a complaint they resolved in the time theyā€™re allotted to do so.
  • File it with them.
  • Never deal with Revolut, offer them extra time etc; going through the Financial Ombudsman is the correct process and the only one where they have to move to the pace of someone but themselves.

What happened with the Ombudsman complaint? I am in the same situation where I filed a charge back on 08/11/22 and the merchant confirmed they accepted it and sent the funds back on 11/11/22. They even provided proof of this. Revolut customer advisors either pretend that the merchant has not responded, or that they still have to wait 45 days despite them responding (not sure why they would since they already accepted that they lost the dispute) or that they cannot give me any updates. I have already filed a formal complaint to Revolut and will be taking this with the Ombudsman as soon as I receive a response to it.

My chargeback experience are pretty good. I demanded money back from a hotel. The hotel was not able to host me because of a natural disaster nearby and donā€™t wanted to refund me. Chargeback Prozess took about 3 months but a got all my money back.

1 Like