Changes to T&C's for METAL transfers

I am interested to hear feedback from other METAL user’s on Revolut removing unlimited <edit: international non SEPA> free transfers and replacing them with a 40% discount!

I would have expected at least 1 or 2 free rather than completely yanking the benefit.

I’m still not happy about having Cashback changed from unlimited to a max of £12.99. i.e. the max Revolut will pay you is £3 a month regardless of how much you spend.

I have to say on the transfer front I will now compare the charge Revolut plans to make against Wise and see who offers the better value.

Hey @BritinSA If I am not mistaken the change applies only to “international transfers”, which means the (in case of EUROPE) SEPA and local transfers remain fee-free.
I personally use R to do international transfers, hence the change will impact me. I see in their fee page that in my case sending USD I would incure in a 0.30% of the amount being sent, would the 40% be on the 0.30%? Which means the charge would be 0.18% of the amount sent?
ie: If I send 1,000 USD, I’d have to pay 1.8USD
I think they could AT LEAST leave 1 international transfer for free, and then the 40% discount. Sure the 1.8 USD for 1,000 is cheaper than any other, almost sure (willling to stand corrected)

Hello,
Why isn’t it even in the Announcements - Revolut Community?

When I use their simulator for a transfert, it gives me a lot of fees: https://i.imgur.com/tnFBtXo.png
2500 euros fees !!
Why does not the limit MAX apply ? (250€ max https://assets.revolut.com/legal/terms/Int_Pricing_Sheet/1_July_2022/International_Payments_Pricing_Sheet_072022.pdf )

It was a good idea to keep my W…e account, when I subscribed to a Premium R. :roll_eyes:

On the international transfer front Revolut is not always the cheapest. Same with Wise. Depends on the country in question.

I use Xoom for transfers to South East Asia and get a far better exchange than Revolut or Wise.

Although Revolut is not identified try this comparison tool provided by Wise

Whatever the new fee is it is unwelcome at the top tier subscription. It is not a good look to remove a service which was unlimited free for unlimited at a 40% discount.

There are a few services where Revolut has x number of transactions thereafter y cost. Why not the same pricing concept for this, especially when moving from unlimited free for Metal?

1 Like

I suppose my point is that the implications of this change are that before I make a non-SEPA transfer with Revolut I will check the WISE website to price the same transaction. If the difference is negligible as suggested by #Ramm4U then it will be sent from Revolut where I keep my main balances.

The subscription plans will become less popular because of this adaptation. So I think Revolut doesn’t get the cash flow improvements it wants.

1 Like