Changed phone with same number. App doesnt let me login

Hi
I recently changed my phone, but kept the same number/sim card. the app on my new phone doesnt let me login. i dont have access to my old phone as it is broken. Each time i enter my phone number in the App on the new phone it says “We’re sorry, something has gone wrong. Please try later”. Can you please help!

Thanks

6 Likes

Similar issue here. First time registry, UK phone number. not working. Not great for building trust, which is the core of your business

1 Like

Revolut is offline right now due to a bug, should be up soon I hope

2 Likes

Hi !
I don’t know if you guys solved your problem ! But i’m facing the same issue…

I lost my phone, so i had another phone and a new sim card, but still the number.
But i’m not able to access to my account… There is no indication about this subject so if anyone had found a way please tell me more !!
Thank you !

1 Like

Hii!

I also can not login to my account after changing a phone number.
Now I created a new account and stil can’t login to the mobile app.

Could someone, working for revolut please contact me, since I can’t write to you through the app?

Thank you!

1 Like

I do have exactly the same issue here. I hope this issue resolves quickly. Did you manage to contact them, since the only means to contact them is not working right now

1 Like

I also have a new phone. Can’t log in. My phone number is accepted, I get the code via SMS. But as soon I try to verify the Selfie, nothing else happens. It says verifying. Hours later still the same…

1 Like

I also have a new phone with the same number and my pin number is not accepted on the new phone. I have deleted and reinstalled the Revolut app, but it still says it is the wrong password and when it asks for identity verification the selfie won’t work with my photo ID in place. It will take a picture of just my face. So I am still locked out of my account. Please help!

2 Likes

I’ve got the same issue any eta on a fix?

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I got a new phone, I put the old SIM in it, with the same old number, I installed the app, but when I open it, it forces me to create a new revolut account and card, even if I enter the old number. When I enter my email it says it’s already taken (by me, of course).
Has anyone a solution how to login to the old revolut account on a new phone?

2 Likes

I have the same issue. I have a newer iPhone and the migrated Revolut App won’t let me in with my passcode or let me change the passcode. Still have access to the App on my old phone without SIM card. Can someone from Revolut please advise as I do not wish to carry 2 phones with me at all times.

1 Like

Same issue here - changed phone number and now unable to log into account with old number. Any resolution here?

1 Like

Having the same issue.

When I put my new number or old number in a message comes up with something has gone wrong message. Can’t even get past this myself and need help.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hello. I have changed the phone . Same telephone number . I got and input the code and the app takes me to create a new account. When I try the option “Already existing client” the app takes me back to the page with telephone number , and so on . Did this several times and the same result .

1 Like

Same same… on a new phone with old SIM, get the SMS sent, and entered.

Then it goes into an email verification process - but it’s broken. The email that arrives says “tap the button on the phone.” The phone says “tap the button in the email. Simple!” Neither the email or the app have a button!!!

Actually the email says “Simply tap the ‘Authenticate’ button below, from the phone where your app is installed (not a laptop or desktop application).” Which kinda implies you must have your email installed on your phone - which I can’t for security reasons. Doh!

So I dug into the email and discovered the auth link but it look’s broken as it lacks any tracking_id:

https://revolut.com/app/email-authenticate/888…?tracking_id=&scope=login

I tried to run it in the browser manually - the desktop fails bc it insists on runing it from the phone. So I did that, and the phone browser some how switches to the app and says “phone number or passcode is incorrect.”

Oh and it says check with support but support says “too high volume at the moment, come back” :frowning:

There’s no way an ordinary user could navigate this. Anyway, I’m now locked out of Revolut and funds again. Does anyone know an alternate?

2 Likes

Same here, my phone was broken and now I have same phone and number but maybe need to reconfigure but I can’t.
How to solve?

1 Like

I am locked out of the app as well because I changed my phone. Passcode wouldn’t work and I had hours of unhelpful sporadic messages with a live agent who is almost certainly not a real live person. No way to call anyone and going slightly out of my mind with frustration. How can it be this hard to send a passcode reset email?

1 Like

I don’t receive any e-mail to confirm my account. (Spam box and trash checked). I have tried several times after 60sec cooldown and still no e-mail.

I have received one to confirm registration in this community…

1 Like

Same here!
New phone, cannot login to my account! Revolut, Please!

1 Like

Also having this problem. Seems like a major issue within the management of the app that a user cannot easily prove their identity even with a newly changed number, people change their numbers all of the time, it shouldn’t be this hard, it should be a very easily overcome problem. Yet I don’t see any way around this. How are people solving it, do we need to contact some kind of cosutomer support and have them manually input our new number ? What a hassle!

1 Like