Changed numbers and can't log back in.

Hi there–
I’ve been using Revolut for a while now. I started my account using my British phone number back when I was living in London. Now I moved to New York City and have a US number. I logged out of the app and can’t log back in because my Revolut account is attached to my UK number, which I don’t have anymore.
What can I do?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Sofia,

The latest 4.13.1 update includes this:

If you lose your phone or you’ve changed your phone number - we’ve radically simplified the process for regaining access your account. Just tap the “Changed your phone number?” button from the login screen to begin the process.

Have you tried this?

Let me know if you need help.

Hey Andreas.
I have the latest 4.13.1 update. When i tap the “Changed your phone number?” button, it tells me to restart the app and sign in… However, after I do so and insert my new US number, it still doesn’t let me log in.
What can I do?

1 Like

Hey quentin.
I have the latest 4.13.1 update. When i tap the “Changed your phone number?” button, it tells me to restart the app and sign in… However, after I do so and insert my new US number, it still doesn’t let me log in.
What can I do?

Are you able to send me a direct message?

where can i find your email?

I’ve sent you a direct message.

Hello, I’m having this problem. Changed phone number, when I try to get back into Revolut I click on the ‘I no longer have access to your number’. I type in my old number. It asks me for my code which I type, it then says to re-open Revolut and sign in, but nothing works.

Hi! I’m having the same problem. How can i get a solution?

Hi Andreas,
I’m having the same problem.
I started my account using a Swiss phone number back when I was living in Switzerland. Now I moved to Australia and I have an Australian number. I can’t log back in the app anymore to see my Revolut account.
What can I do ?
Thanks

Hey Andreas’

I’ve got the same problem, I lost my phone in and the sim card in Cambodia, now I’ve a Cambodian phone number and can’t log in.
Please help.
Best regards
Greg.

help me please, i am having issue with my number trying to create my account it says my number is already in use.

I have the same problem. I’ve changed number and i can’t logg in anymore
Can you send me a message ?
Thanks

Help please I’ve the same problem for 2 months already.
I need to connect to my app. You don’t work with Cambodia and I now have a Cambodian number. The agents I was able to reach could not solve the problem. I feel abandoned.
Thank you for your understanding
Greg

I am also having this issue, I created an account in Ireland and have no moved to the US. I can no longer log in or access funds. Please email to help

Hi I’m having this issue too. Made an account in Malta and now have a UK Sim, was it easy enough to sort. Its asking for a Pin I can’t remember as I was using my fingerprint to login :confused:

Hello @anon33247966,

I have the same problem,
I live in the US now, I tried to log in with my new US number.
I was asked to authenticate by email, but the button never worked by email.
Now I can’t use the app.
I was also asked to take a selfie, which I did. But so far I still can’t use the app.
Please can you help me

Amine

Amine

Hello,

I have the same problem. I moved to the UK from Switzerland. Swiss number got cancelled. Now can’t log in to Revolut, where most of my money is stored. Please help. Other than my number, I have access to everything (PIN, email, …).

I also contacted @revolut_support but don’t even know whether they are legit.

Thanks and all the best,
Alex

Hi Andreas!
I have my revolut account set up with old phone number.
I do not have access to this phone or number any more.
I have tried to log into the app using the ‘I don’t have this numer’ ‘forgot passcode’ options.
After I enter all the old details it asks me to verify my identification with a selfie. I have tried this for many times and it says it is verifying but takes hours of loading and still nothing.
I can’t get into my account!

Alex