Change the starting date of the "Monthly Budget Control" feature

What are you using as a Revolut alternative?

Just my regular bank. I’m not using budgeting control. My intention was to use Revolut as day by day account with budgeting control but I can’t control the starting date so this feature is useless to me. I hope Revolut add this in the future.

Great to see, Revolut updating the month budget features - yet still doesn’t allow us to change the start date - it always starts on the 1st of the month.

Yet whats crazy is that your monthly ATM limit is the day you signed up.

Sort it out Revoult!! Its little things like this that drives users crazy… instead we get Vaults, Concierge and expensive lounge access…

1 Like

It’s the classic software development paradigm - prioritise new features (even useless ones) over super-useful bug fixes and improvements, since you can market new features to increase sales/users but you can’t sell bug fixes.

Imagine Storonsky going for his latest round of VC financing: “Our main priority in the near/medium term is to make the app more usable/stable and to improve customer support, so please give us another $100M dollars.”

Would love this feature as I get paid mid month, dont use the budgeting tool because the results are skewed

Hi team,

This is really desirable and usefull feature.
To be able to set budget start date from payday to payday
not only form 1st of each month.

Thanks.

hi,
please make an option to change the start date of the budget tool. because now the tool is useless.

thanks.

Even worse, the payday in Denmark tends to be on the last banking day of the month, which means it can vary a lot. Like some years when Easter comes early, payday could be the 27th because banks are closed during Easter. Other months, it’s the 31st.

So even if I could choose a fixed paydate, I would need to change it every month.

Some people are paid bimonthly, every 14 days. So it is definitely a feature that needs some extra work.

Hi all,

I was just about to start using Revolut for daily budgeting - I went for Revolut over Monzo for the easy international payments (and the cooler looking bank card!) but unfortunately, without this feature (which Monzo has), Revolut is unusable for me for day-to-day purchases.

It’s been over a year since this functionality was first introduced and we are still not able to set start dates for budgets. Pretty basic stuff I would of thought.

3 Likes

Please, please do this. It should be simple to set a slider with your preferred budget dates. Some people get paid weekly or fortnightly rather than monthly as well. Let people set their own budget periods.

3 Likes

Hi there!

Came here to ask for this as well. I get paid on the 15th and it makes it not so useful at the moment. Hope this gets heard!

2 Likes

Come on. This is a basic thing. We need it to get useful the budget control feature.

1 Like

Starting dates can now be changed in my app. Also option what to do if selected day is not a working day, i.e. if the 15th is a Sunday.

3 Likes

Absolutely need this feature! Custom date range for budgeting should be a relatively easy ask! Useless without it!

Despite it being written in the update log I can’t find any way to set the start date on Android

Analytics tab, and then a calendar icon in the top-right corner? Perhaps reset your app as that seemed to work for the Pride cards.

Hi! On iOS I don’t see any such option and the latest update log didn’t contain any information about such an option. Can’t wait, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried resetting the app data as I did with the charity card. It didn’t work this time. Waiting for an update-fix.

it already was announce in v6.2 and now with 6.3 again and still doesn’t seem to work.
Only a tiny purple dot showed up top left