Change PIN in app

What bank you used to change PIN? I am not able to find any… may you help me? Thank you.

Hi. Unless you are in the UK or Poland, it will be hard to find an ATM that offers PIN change. What you should try to do is find a Euronet ATM. Don’t withdraw any cash, but when you insert your card (not tap) it might give you the option to change your PIN. Always make sure that there is no skimming device on the card reader, but you should be able to use Euronet.

I find that only the newer machines support it, but just try one and see.

Please enable pin change in the app. Instead of working on things like group savings vaults (pointless if you don’t have a joint account IMO) most would prefer more useful functions like pin change on app.

2 Likes

When Revolut startet, they had this. They removed it. (I don’t know why). But it’s most certainly not a matter of resources.

2 Likes

The problem with the PIN change on the app is that not all card terminals are able to transmit the signal that the PIN has been changed. Lunar Way used to also allow PIN changes, but they don’t anymore either. The problem was that a user would change the PIN, go to the store, try to pay and put in the new PIN, and it would decline. They would then need to try the old PIN, but that isn’t guaranteed either.

The user would eventually have to go to an ATM to have the pin properly registered again (because the card does have an encrypted form of the PIN inside) and that defeats the purpose of having it done in the app.

Personally, I never had problems here after I changed the PIN, but here where I am there are predominantly modern, online machines. Older and or offline card readers had this issue and are the reason why we can’t change the pin in the app.

I hope this helps explain and I would like to mention that I am in no means an expert, this is just things I have seen/read online.

Please check my previous post about that. I think the points are still valid.

Not all POS terminals that connect online for authorization are configured to / are able to write issuer scripts that would update the PIN stored on the card.

So why do N26, AMEX and others allow it?

1 Like

Why not check N26’s website and see what they say about it:

If you live in France, Spain, Ireland, Greece, Finland, Estonia or the UK, you must withdraw money at an ATM first before you can use your card anywhere else.

2 Likes

N26 allow this. Very handy. But in Ireland you can change your card’s pin in an ATM.

1 Like

Almost two years have passed and no word on this - either no one cares about this feature or :r: simply ignores it…

:r: certainly doesn’t ignore - they had the feature back in 2017 and then removed it, guess they had their reasons for doing so? :thinking:

If you remove a good feature, at least tell the people why you remove it - and tell them when or if it will come back.

If others can do it, why can’t they do it?

Transparency and honest communication really would be nice.

4 Likes

Same in italy, ATM doesn’t have the chance to edit/change the PIN. They haven’t any displayed menu to do it

Hello was your card issued by BNP?

Somebody knows how to change the option from chip+signature to chip+pin?

The verification method is “negotiated” between the merchant terminal and the card. The card has a list of available methods, and the merchant terminal picks the first one available, with the highest priority. That means, in most circumstances, that you can’t influence it because it’s controlled by the merchant.

If you would use Google/Apple Pay, you could avoid this. Besides this, I can’t think of another way. Revolut users can’t change the priority of authentication methods.

US and Japanese cards might be configured differently to Revolut cards everywhere else in the world. I don’t know. Most Revolut cards have chip + PIN priority already.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer!
All the time when i went above the limit of contactless, when i use my card they requested my signature but i have friends that use the same terminal and for them they requested pin. Thats way i think it is something in my settings, exactly how you said the priority option it is the signature…maybe it is possible to change the priority of the option…

It’s not possible for the user to change this. These priorities are set during the production of the card. Are you sure this wasn’t due to a mag stripe payment?

You can also ask support to double check a specific payment transaction and how it was authorized. Were your friends also using Revolut cards, issued during the same period?

1 Like

No, it wasn’t a mag stripe payment…i just enter the card inside of the terminal machine and instead to enter the pin is requesting the signature on the receipt … Yes, my friends use Revolut cards and it was same day, same shop, same terminal…