Change MasterCard PIN in Germany

That’s not correct anymore.
Most Maestro cards has been replaced and changed to VPay cards - at least from most of the major banks.
But still useless - as i realized that i cannot at this card as an alternative to revolut to top-up when MC has an issue…

No problem changing the PIN in ATMs in Ireland.

But yes … Germany is fairly backwards in those regards.

2 Likes

I was able to change the PIN of all :r: cards on an Euronet ATM in Portugal. I don’t know if an Euronet ATM in Germany would work too (haven’t seen one so far here).

It really is about time for them to step up their game - other competitors allow that in the app or online without any issue. For years… :unamused:

How should this help me?

This topic is 2 Years old. You can’t change a pin in the app nowdays since they removed it.

ATM’s in Germany are owned by banks and you can just change the pin from cards which are from those banks. If the ATM is from Deutsche Bank for example you’re just able to change the pin from cards issued by Deutsche Bank.

It’s kinda funny that you wrote in EVERY topic the same text with this Quote where it’s about changing the pin. Copy and paste answers are never helpful and in your case it looks more like spam

Sorry for this, i don’t want make spam, but it’s long time that i try to find how to change the pin and why i can’t change it in the app.
In Italy i haven’t found an ATM where to change the pin yet… So i think who like me are intento to understand how to change the pin and why i can do this in the app they find a lot of topics similar but no so much explanation of why it’s so difficult…
My hope was to converge who search for “Change the pin” to a sort of explanation of why it’s not possible to do it in the app… Maybe they don’t open any other topics to suggest the idea to the possibility to change the pin in the apps…
But i understand you and i understand my post doesn’t fit too much with your topic.
In any case i hope it’s not a problem to answer to an old topic.