Cash withdrawal in Brasil

Hi, is Brazilian a supported curreny? I mean, is it free to withdraw 200€ of Brazilian reais?

As far as there won’t be surcharge- yes.

1 Like

I confirm. Used my Revolut card a few times in Brazil recently (Bradesco ATMs), and there was no additional cost.

3 Likes

Thanks you for the answers, guys!

Hi all,
Are there other ATM which Revolut works in Brazil? I went to Caixa and the ATM machine didn’t even recognise the card. I’m trying Banco do Brasil next, fingers crossed. But wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

Hi,
in January Bradesco worked for me without any problems

1 Like

@Karol - And were there any local fees? (ie, charged by the ATM itself)

No, no fees at all. Charged exactly the amount of BRL that I took from ATM.

Anyone know which ATM bank work in Brazil as of Dec 2021 I tried Bradesco and Banco do Brasil ATMs, Both didn’t work.

Itaú was the worst. it did not work. I got a print out “X0 transaction not available for this card.” Revolt deduct the money from my account “pending” I guess it is temporary on hold.

1 Like

Update. today I was able to take 1500 Real from Santander ATM. The fee was 4 dollar.

Update on Itau ATM. The status had been changed to “complete” I submitted a chargeback with the print out “X0 transaction not available for this card.”

Avoid Itau ATM in Brazil. It will not give you any cash. your money will be deducted. who know how long the chargeback process will take.

2 Likes

Hello! Anyone can say me if there are fees for payment with card in Brazil? Are they high?

I am also looking to find out if free ATM cash withdrawals in Brazil (basic or premium Revolut account). Looks like it is not possible from the posts in the past.

I thought Revolut was launching in Brazil a few months back?

I am UK based - travelling to Brazil soon - there doesn’t seem to be a currency conversion available from sterling to real - is this right? I want to load up the card in sterling and spend in reals

November2022. Withdraw reals in GRU int. airport in Bradesco ATM(arrivals, terminal 2, second floor), no comissions, proper amount. The only thing that ATM operates during the day, starting around 7 - 8 a.m. They are out of service during the night.
Avoided ITAU ATMs, like previous posts adviced! Safe trip!

I just withdrew from Euro today at Bradesco in Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, and no commission was applied on 100BRL. Still working

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the details with us. :atm:

Welcome to our community @ripper346 @Tolly @Woldul @niteshj @andjo @vince2. :r:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Im in copacabana right now. Not one bank atm work. I mean none at all. The only atm that work is 24atm at a pharma store. I first it did not work. The lady say i have to use the old one hiding on the side. It charge 11% fee. Total rid off. Back in 2022 i never have issue. I guess the newer atm in rio will not work…

But revolut still work at hotel, restaurants and clubs. You just have to tell them credit.

1 Like

Welcome back to our community @vince2 :wave:.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Thank you for sharing that with us btw. :crying_cat_face:

SG | Community Team

Bradesco is the best option because there’s no fee for most foreign cards.

Banco 24 Horas is the most common and popular ATM network in Brazil but they charge R$ 20 per withdrawal on foreign card versus around R$ 6 on Brazilian fintech cards and traditional Brazilian banks are obligated to offer at least 4 free withdrawals per month.

Nowadays most Brazilian banks only have their own ATM on their branches and everyone just uses the Banco 24 Horas because 4 withdrawals/month are enough for most people and tradicional Brazilian banks may include unlimited withdrawal depending of the account level.

1 Like