Card never received but someone tried to use

Hello,

I’m a new Revolut user.

I was happily waiting for my Revolut card for the last few days, then yesterday evening I got the notification that someone tried to use it contactless to buy a ticket.

Because the card was not activated the transaction failed, good. I tried to contact Revolut with the chat, but without success, bad.

Can anybody help me?

First of all- freeze the card, then report it as a stolen (in the app), and then just order the new one asking in-app chat for refund.

Hardly surprising when things like this are happening

@anon33247966
Pls pls pls. 30¢ more but envelop the cards in a metal foil!
Cards can be read with any android phone with NFC. You get the card number and the expiration date without to even open the envelope…
That’s enough to make a POS card not present transaction!
I guess there are enough people who works in delivery and knows what’s revolut and what revolut is shipping…

1 Like

But you cannot use the card for online purchases without the CCV? I never seen place not asking for CCV.

Without CVC you can’t.

But if you’re somewhere in Asia or Central America you get a POS from a ghost bank to make a POS transaction without the card (there’s an option on any pos for that: you need just the number and the date).

Nowadays since 3D secure online frauds are outdated.
It’s much easier to steal the card number using the contactless then make a “payment” via a ghosts pos