Card in application

After many questions I finally verified my account and ordered my first premium card. I have a question: now, a card appears in my Revolut application. Can I use the details on that as a virtual card till the physical one arrives ? Thanks!

Yes, you can but I would not recommend it. For security reasons you should activate your card once it arrived to you not before. If you want a virtual card, just get it in the app.

Thanks. I still do not understand something. Is this card tied to all my accounts (in all currencies) that I have on revolut? Am I not able to top it gradually (like I just top up 200 EURO to the card if I only want to withdraw that amount and other bigger accounts on Revolut which are not tied to the card).

Yes, this card is tied to all your Revolut accounts. According to FAQ :
The card selects which balance to use in the following order:

*The local currency of the merchant/ATM e.g. if you are in Spain, it will deduct funds from your Euro balance.

*Your base currency - i.e. if you used a UK address to sign-up, your base currency will be GBP.

*Your largest balance.

Oh. That’s not quite nice and risky. Will only put small amounts in Revolut then and freeze my card at all times when not using it. Thanks a lot and have a great weekend!

If the ATM (or card terminal) asks whether you would like to complete the transaction ‘with conversion’ or ‘without conversion’, you should ALWAYS choose ‘without conversion’.

Thanks for the tip :slight_smile: Seen on an youtube video. But what is the point to have multiple cards (like a physical and a virtual one, if both of them are fueled by the same accounts). I would have made a virtual one in which I would have kept less money just because of the risks with online payments but as I understand those cards use the full balance that you have on Revolut. It would be nice to somehow be able to lock a part of your money from the application or assign them to different cards.

You can set spending limits on virtual cards. Virtual cards are good for online use as you can just remove it and instantly get a new one without looking you physical card.