Card hacked, money stolen

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

6 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Maybe you doing it wrong? You can have 1 active free card as free member. I just tried it now. I already have virtual card which I used, tried to add new one and app asked me to pay or upgrade plan. Then I just deleted my already present virtual card and added new one - for free.

People are using them as disposable virtual cards - which is the premium feature

I don’t care if you want to pay 4.99 per virtual card go ahead that’s something Revolut can offer if people want

Are you ever gonna stop whinging about the same old thing?

5 Likes

When people realize what in complaining about and don’t ask

1 Like

It isn’t a loophole. It is a deliberate feature (hence the 5 per month limit) that has existed for a long time. It is not the same as Metal’s multiple virtual + disposable cards: There is the 5 card limit, and there is the inconvenience of having to delete and recreate the card manually. Additionally, you can only have one at a time, so you can’t use the card for regular recurring and tokenized payments, which reduces Revolut’s overall value as a normal card service if you waste your one virtual card for this.

As a paying customer, you do not have these limitations, and that’s what you pay for. Nobody is stealing from you or Revolut, just as nobody is stealing from you when they retrieve 2 x 200 from an ATM in two months, thereby “mimicking” the Premium feature to retrieve 400. Nowhere did they advertise that “disposable card” is a concept that cannot somehow similarly be done at the cost of the user’s time and service usability.

Just choose the plan that works best for you. As a Metal customer, I know for me it has not been worth it for the past year, but that doesn’t mean I have to somehow make it worth by making other people’s life harder, to give me some perceived relative value. That would not only be bad character but also plain stupid because I don’t really gain anything at all.

7 Likes

It clearly is a loophole or they wouldn’t have thanked me for notifying them of it :+1:

I don’t get your point? A little more hassle but besides that, the same. Exactly the same.

They have a limit of £200 a month

I have a limit of £600 a month

If they want to withdraw it over two months that is very easily stated as being accessible by them

They should have alerted paying customers that this would be possible, should it be intended. Why would I willingly pay to get extremely similar functionality to what I can get for free?

W/e

4 Likes