Card hacked, money stolen

Hey, first of all you have to wait for the :r: investigation. In the meantime I would suggest you to try pull the money back using your Barclays CC.
I think that you will eventually get your money back.

And hey, make sure you update us frequently!

This definitely is a bit scary; one thing Iā€™ve noticed is that cards usually have higher limits than really required. Iā€™ve switched to adjusting the limits of all my cards to quite low values; yes, this requires me to change them in case I book a holiday, but that sounds like less trouble compared to what I read hereā€¦

2 Likes

Exactly this is unacceptable.

10 Likes

I have read this out of curiosity and i would like to leave some advice for all that will read in the future.
Add a virtual card its free and wen you make an online payment or simply pay using an insecure device you can simple remove the virtual card and add a new one you will receive new card number new expiration date and cvv. From what i understand from support this can be done a limited number of times per month but its a lot better then ordering a new card, also wen you don`t use it you can simply have it frozen no issue and you can still use your physical card.
Just to prove a point this is a card that i made never used and by the time i am posting this have replaced just to prove a point.

PS First remove the virtual card and then add a new one so its free.
If you add a second one without removing the first one you will have to pay.

2 Likes

Keep in mind you have limited virtual creations per month, I think 5 or lessā€¦

2 Likes

I thought virtual cards were chargeable at Ā£4.99
for standard members?

They are chargeable at Ā£4.99 or 6ishā‚¬ to my knowledge too

No - checked with support and first virtual card is free, even for standard members. Added on the app and it is indeed free.

I meant for a non-first card :grimacing:

If you delete the first one and add another one, itā€™s still free

Maybe you doing it wrong? You can have 1 active free card as free member. I just tried it now. I already have virtual card which I used, tried to add new one and app asked me to pay or upgrade plan. Then I just deleted my already present virtual card and added new one - for free.

People are using them as disposable virtual cards - which is the premium feature

I donā€™t care if you want to pay 4.99 per virtual card go ahead thatā€™s something Revolut can offer if people want

Are you ever gonna stop whinging about the same old thing?

5 Likes

When people realize what in complaining about and donā€™t ask

It isnā€™t a loophole. It is a deliberate feature (hence the 5 per month limit) that has existed for a long time. It is not the same as Metalā€™s multiple virtual + disposable cards: There is the 5 card limit, and there is the inconvenience of having to delete and recreate the card manually. Additionally, you can only have one at a time, so you canā€™t use the card for regular recurring and tokenized payments, which reduces Revolutā€™s overall value as a normal card service if you waste your one virtual card for this.

As a paying customer, you do not have these limitations, and thatā€™s what you pay for. Nobody is stealing from you or Revolut, just as nobody is stealing from you when they retrieve 2 x 200 from an ATM in two months, thereby ā€œmimickingā€ the Premium feature to retrieve 400. Nowhere did they advertise that ā€œdisposable cardā€ is a concept that cannot somehow similarly be done at the cost of the userā€™s time and service usability.

Just choose the plan that works best for you. As a Metal customer, I know for me it has not been worth it for the past year, but that doesnā€™t mean I have to somehow make it worth by making other peopleā€™s life harder, to give me some perceived relative value. That would not only be bad character but also plain stupid because I donā€™t really gain anything at all.

7 Likes

Hiā€¦ exactly everything you have described has happened to me and I am finding Revolut not helpful at all. It is pretty scary that I have had the very same issues as you and for me something does not feel right about it. Itā€™s exhausting trying to contact Revolut through web chat and on the odd occasion they reply the conversation just goes round the same loopā€¦ can anyone offer any advice?

My bank account was hacked throug Revolut a quite big amount is transfered to someone I donā€™t know

1 Like

I noticed a transaction with an online shopping website I had not previously heard of charged to my Revolut card. I had nothing to do with this transaction and I had not authorised it.

I immediately cancelled the card in question and initiated the chargeback process with Revolut by completing the form in the app.

I have now a couple of weeks later had a standard e-mail from a ā€˜no replyā€™ e-mail address telling me that ā€œYour dispute has been unsuccessful; The merchant(s) provided us with documentation supporting their side and we cannot further proceed with the chargeback(s).ā€

This is absolutely appalling. Any ā€œdocumentā€ provided by the merchant cannot possibly have had any degree of validity or credibility to it, because the transaction was made fraudulently and was not made or authorised by me!

I am not at all happy that my account has been accessed fraudulently, and that Revolut have declined to correct this based upon some dodgy ā€œdocumentā€ that I have not been allowed to see. What can I do?

Not a good bank they closed me out my account with Ā£5000 that Iā€™m yet to receive Iā€™m taking legal action