Card declined in USA

Hi
My card has been declined on every transaction so far in Chicago, USA. Is there any reason for this?

I tried the contact chat in the app but had no response.

Hi @Elena,

It looks like we have managed to get in touch with you and discuss the issue. Let us know if you need any further help.

Thank you,

Andreas K.

It would be really helpful for the rest of us to know how situations like this finally get resolved (assuming it doesn’t involve anything too personal). As it stands, all we see are problems being reported but its impossible to know if the cause was a bug / outage / user error etc.

Maybe this is an expectation problem. Every one of my top up cards became blocked. The issue was NOT Revolut. The banks said the issues are that Revolut is international and I had made multiple uses each day. I asked each bank to train the computer to accept Revolut and international usage. This worked right away.

Based on my experiences, I recommend using Revolut routinely before you travel to train the computers. Don’t expect perfection. Have a backup card and additional top up methods. Expect to call the top up bank once or twice.

Also keep in mind that not every merchant has booked the option to accept credit cards from Europe or from anything outside of the US. Sometimes it also depends on the Country where the card issuer is located (e.g. German cards accepted by Italian not).

There can be acceptance issues in particular Countries. I had a rival card refused is Australia as “pre - paid cards are for people with bad credit histories who shouldn’t have a card at all” .

The card is working fine for me and my friends in Chicago and Boston so far. Just need to find out what is the best way to get money here. ATM withdrawals are crazy expensive with my “normal” credit card so I hope I can top up Revolut and get some ATM Cash for tips and such stuff