Card declined: Billing address mismatch

Hello!

I have a UK registered Revolut card, but recently I had to move back to Italy. Since then, when I try to top up my Revolut card, I get an error message that says that my billing address does not correspond to the one associated with my bank account, which is not true.

The explanation of the support team is the following: the AVS system checks the numerical parts of the address you are entering against the billing address stored by the bank, including the postcode field. Since the card you used us a UK-issued card, the system compares it as it would a UK-formatted address. But the postcode you have is for any other country and is not UK-formatted which causes the system to register an AVS mismatch.

It seems that the only solution to this problem is to use another card or to transfer the funds using a bank transfer.

Considering how frequent it is for people to move to another country nowadays, it would be great if Revolut could fix this issue :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! I had exactly the same issue (I’m Italian too and moved back just yesterday) and by googling the issue details I came across your above explanation. It’s quite an annoying issue to be honest and it would be great if it was resolved soon

0 Likes

I’m getting this problem now too, even though I’ve been able to top up without a problem in the past. I also have a UK card and have since moved to Hungary where postcodes are 4 number digits.

0 Likes

Same issue here. A UK address unable be used from Poland. Is Revolut going to fix this?

0 Likes