Can't Sign Up

Hi all,

I have been trying to sign up for a Revolut account now for three days but have had nothing but issues.

For the first two days when trying to create an account via the app it kept telling me that the account already existed with a different mobile number.

Day 1 - I used the app and chatted with an agent who said he would reset and all would be okay.
Day 2 - Still wasn’t working so I chatted with another agent via the app and he said the issue is definitely sorted now and all should be working just wait 24 hours.
Day 3 - I think it’s been about 24 hours but cannot be certain as I don’t have an account so can’t see previous messages. so I tried again. Now it won’t send me a code so I’m honestly at my wits end so thought I’d reach out to the community in attempt to sign up to Revolut.

Thank you for any help

Hello @digimick1967 Welcome to the community. :wave:

We are sorry to hear about this issue :frowning_face: I apologize about the issue not being resolved. It sounds like you might have accidentally created a duplicate account when you changed your phone number. This can happen sometimes when switching providers or moving countries.

To close the duplicate account go to your profile icon in the upper right corner, scroll down and press ‘Close account’. Once this is done you can try logging in by following the steps mentioned below :

1. Open your app and select ‘Login’.
  2. Tap ‘Lost access to my number’ in-app.
  3. Tap ‘I don’t remember my previous phone number’.
  4. Enter your email address that you used to create your Revolut account.
  5. Enter your passcode, and follow the steps to change your phone number – you might be asked to provide a selfie, and upload ID documents.

Hope this helps. :pray:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Hi,
I’d love to make the changes you requested. However, I don’t have a profile as I don’t have an account. I haven’t changed my phone number either. I’m trying to setup an account for the first, second, third time but now it won’t even send me a 6 digit code.

All I wanted to do was set up a Revolut account as it came highly recommended but honestly if this doesn’t get resolved soon I may have to look elsewhere :confused:

2 Likes

Hello @digimick1967 Welcome to the community. :wave:

I understand how frustrating this could be. :cry: Our system detects duplicate accounts to ensure security and prevent potential issues. Since it appears you may have already initiated the account creation process a few times, your access might be temporarily restricted to avoid further complications.

We hope this clarifies the situation. :pray:

Veda | Community Team

1 Like