Cant order my Standard card

When selecting Standard delivery and taping “order card for £5” bringing me to next screen with upgrade options to premium. No other option?

This seems to be a bug. Are you using the latest version of the app?

I would think so, ive just downloaded it from App store
What should i do now?

Hey Eugene!

Really sorry to hear that. Can you please contact our in-app support team so we can help you out? :slight_smile:

I cannot order my first card on free account: When I go to cards, the select standards card, then set up pin, then set up delivery address, the the express delivery which is marked as free / assuming it’s the first card / I have only one button - review options, when I press that I am sent to review details, but I have no active button to complete the order. The only active button is a blue one which prompts me to get “premium” / meaning to upgrate account which has nothing to do with card order.

The chat service - totally incompetent - they told me that the button is to pay for delivery because standard accounts have no free delivery. Which is okay. I don’t want free delivery I want standard account. I gave them 5 star for the service - then discovered what they said is totaly wrong. The button is not to pay for delivery it is for upgrade, but anyway.

Can someone tell me how to get physical card with standard account no matter if I have to pay for delivery / just no recurring monthly payments /

Don’t select express delivery at this step but standard delivery here. Hope that helps. :wave:

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I can’t order a physical card? It keeps telling me it can’t complete my order when I try to pay :woman_shrugging:t3:

Hi @Ang and welcome
The user whose post you tagged hasn’t been seen on this community since January 2021 and that was their only post.
Kindly note this is a user forum. If you could provide further details of your issue, someone may be able to provide some useful advice.
For example: has your account been approved yet, which jurisdiction are you in, what were using to pay for your card and in which currency.