Can't authorize new cards on iOS

I cannot add any cards to the iOS application. I scan it, fill in the details, fill in my address, then it proceeds to tell me authorization is in progress and that 3DSecure details may be asked. I never get anything about 3DSecure, I just get a message telling me the card could not be authorized. I tried with 3 different cards from 3 different banks, so I would assume this is an issue with the application? These are French cards, both Visa and MasterCard. My phone is setup in Russian though, and the country name shows in Russian when the card is being added, dunno if that can matter.

Hi @teuf,

Can you please send me a direct message with your phone number associated with your account?

Best,

Andreas

1 Like

@anon33247966 Iā€™m afraid I cannot find a way to send a direct message from the website?

@teuf Click on AndreasK name and then ā€œMessageā€ on the pop-up.

2 Likes

@jorgixhallo I tried that, but I donā€™t have such an option (firefox) When I click on AndreasK name

No worries - Iā€™ve sent you :slight_smile:

1 Like

To wrap that up, @anon33247966 figured out what was wrong: I was using an email address of the form foo+bar@example.com, and the ā€˜+ā€™ part was causing issues. Changing it to foo@example.com allowed me to successfully add my cards to the application.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problemā€¦ but my email doesnā€™t have any ā€˜+ā€™ or any other strange symbol.

BTW, Iā€™m using Android, not iOS, but the problem is the same as described by teufā€¦ ā€œtell me authorization is in progress and that 3DSecure details may be asked. I never get anything about 3DSecure, I just get a message telling me the card could not be authorizedā€

I tried with 2 different Visa cards (one is credit and one is debit).

Can you help me? I canā€™t send you a direct messageā€¦