Cannot create a business account for a new business

Hello,

I have recently started a Premium trial and I saw the option to add a Pro account within it, so that I can keep separate my personal expenses from my business expenses.

I’m a sole trader, operating under my own name. I don’t know if it would be beneficial to me to open a separate Free Freelancer account or if I can just use the Pro account I just opened within my Premium account. What’s the difference in terms of things I can do with one or the other?

Thanks,

Xahntra

Hi!

I have a similar problem. I cannot create a business account for a new UK LTD company.

Can anyone help me with this?

EDIT

The application was rejected without giving any reason whatsoever; support refused to provide any information, and at some point the consultant simply stopped answering my questions - that was just plain wow rude…

1 Like

There is no really solving beside going to an other bank. I agree that fact that they do not explain why is kind of rude and frustrating (stopped my metal plan because of this and nearly switched to N26).

1 Like

I am also affected by not being able to open a Revolut Business Account for my business. I have had a Revolut private account for years, and because I am a sole trader, I have also used it to transfer business payments. According to Revolut support, this is also allowed. However, I would like to separate my business expenses from my private expenses using Revolut, so I wanted to open a Revolut Business account. Unfortunately, without giving any reasons, the opening is rejected. I am self-employed as a software developer and run a normal business with ordinary 6-digit sales in Germany. I absolutely do not understand why Revolut does not give any reasons for rejection. I could disclose all documents to Revolut to explain my business in more detail, but I was not asked to do so. Apparently, the rejection is already in principle due to the nature of the company and the numbers that one has entered at the opening. Even deleting the Revolut Business account and trying again leads to the same result.

2 Likes

Hello I need urgently help please as there is NOOne to contact with regards to Business Revolut. I am trying to set up a new account for a NEW business, all is new email and phone number however after I open the QR code and try to set it up , I have to do it manually and the system just says “Business Already Registered” which is NOT the case! What I do , Who can help me ?

It’s a bit hypocrite they say “Unfortunately, we can’t open a business account for you right now” but how can it change in future if you do no even know why. I tried for 2 different business and got declined twice. So guess it might be a problem of person more than business.

But I agree it would be perfectly fine if they gave the reason but not giving it is just making me stop using Revolut personal.

Hello, I am a new sole trader and wanted to open a freelancer account for the start.

I have submitted the official act of registration document provided by the government agency for legal records however I got the notification that more information is needed. I already provided the description of the nature of business initially and the document I provided should at least correspond to the following Revolut Business requirements:

• Proof of regulation that includes a clear indication of the services or goods of the services offered by your business (dated in the last 3 years)
  • Official license that includes clear indication of the services or goods of the services offered by your business (dated in the last 3 years)

I believe this should undoubtedly confirm the nature of business and superseed any domains, social profiles etc. While I do understand that proof of some business activity is also additional operative proof (that you can also submit later as per Revolut registration process), a new sole trader needs some time for this to happen and needs an account to operate. The provided document is legal proof that the business is legally registered and provides the services described.

After resending this legal document (in my native language as issued by the government, however giving it some thought in between there is also an online business registry in english from which I could have provided the description) and updating business data in the app my application was just rejected now within minutes.

A bit disappointed but moving on to another bank however I would like to add that Revolut needs to reconsider their application process for new businesses and especially sole traders and also perhaps be aware of specific national regulations and accept official legal documents or be able to acknowledge legal proof and be able to check official national registry records (which are public in my country).

I have a question regarding Revolut Business.

When I try to create a Revolut Business bank account, I get rejected as soon as I enter my email adress and phone number by a message saying my application has been rejected due to Revolut Policies.

I am unsure to know why as, after checking Revolut Business Elligibility, I do not seem out of the contract.

I want to open a Freelance bank account with my French company specialized in providing IT advices to my clients.
My Company is a SASU (1 employee, myself) with activity code 6202A.

I would love Revolut Business as it would allow me to get GBP and EUR accounts, knowing I have French and UK clients.

Things that may rejected my appliance:

• I have recently moved from UK to France, is it possible that geographically opening an account from the UK for a French company blocked me for money laundring prevention ?
  • I use the same number and email adress for my company than for my personal revolut bank account, does not block me for identity thief ?

Apart from that, I am unsure why I am blocked.

Welcome Loxdevil. This is a user community, there’s no official Revolut support here. I’m afraid we can only speculate, which probably doesn’t help you.

The only two things I can contribute is that I use the same mobile number for my personal and business account without problem. Are you using a French mobile number? I foreign mobile number for a business could be a problem.

Hello. I’ve tried to open a business account yesterday, but for some reason, I was rejected. Everything was verified except for the address. It asked me to submit one of the followings: utility bill, rental agreement, contract with customer, government correspondence, or bank statement. I have attached the contract with the customer but was rejected. We have incorporated our business last year, worked all our way to land some contracts and finally, when we got some, we were rejected to open a business account and simply cannot sign it. Revolut was our first choice. If anyone can help me, I would love to stay, if not, what can I do!?

Unfortunately I do not think you will get an answer. There is still filling a complaint to ask to know more but I did it through the form and through mail once each and they never answer (when they say they do under 14 days).

I guess you will just need to find an other business bank.

Hello, I just tried to open a bank account with Revolut Business as a freelancer. The application was literally rejected in seconds with the reason stated as “We could not verify your identity.” I have no option to get in touch with anyone from Revolut Business and can’t contact support since I can’t log in to the account I tried to create. It seems a bit ridiculous to me because I also have a personal Revolut account and I used the same phone number for it, so they could have easily verified my identity from that. However, if that option wasn’t enough, I can provide more details, I just need an opportunity to do that. Would anyone be able to help me with this?

You can try feedback@revolut.com and see if they can/want to help. This is a user community, there’s no Revolut support on here.

I have created a business bank account for my property maintenance ltd company. I keep on getting notifications from Revolt asking for verification of business. I am yet to purchase a property on company name and receive rent. Not sure how to address this problem

I faced with the quite strange problem today - Once I have registered in Revolut (providing all the necessary docs as passport) - my account was blocked with no clear explanation

Hi I have problem with creating business account. I have started registration process, linked gmail account etc. In meantime get urgent call and get logged out from registration form, now when try to login or create new account got message that resource not found during logging in.

This is a user community, there’s no Revolut support. You can try feedback@revolut.com, they should be able to help.

I am having the same problem. I have just try to register a new LTD company but my application failed and I have no clue why, since I have already another revolut business account with another company

Hi

I am glad at least to contact someone helpful like you.

I had an issue, from opening to closing my account took 10 minutes.

“We can’t give you a Business account. Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer you an account at this time”

Could pleas kindly help me to understand why my account was closed exactly after opening and when my ID was confirmed.

It was first time I opened bussines account and I can not understand why it had to be closed in 5 minuets.

I dont know if its system bug, or I am a problem.

Thank you.

Hi Ashahrokhi, this a user community. If you scroll just two posts up, there’s an email address you can try.