Cannot create a business account for a new business

Yes, sure. Shop online, only e-commerce stuff for home.

2 Likes

I am in a similar position to the opening post I have a new company (for consulting services), all incorporated and registered with HMRC but do not have a bank statement, rental Agreement etc to support the operating address other than a letter from Companies House which isnā€™t deemed acceptable. I have lots of personal confirmation including being a Revolut customer for over a year> How do I complete the application?

3 Likes

Hi all,

Iā€™m having the same issue Iā€™ve just started a new Ltd Company and as part of the Application to start a Revolut Business account I have no (as per list in app)ā€¦

• List item
  • Invoice and matching bank statement
  • Contract with customer
  • Supplier Agreement
  • Supplier Invoices
  • Proof of regulation (apart from Incorporation Certificate from Companies House)
  • Franchise Contract
  • Official License
  • Leaflets, presentation or business plan (no leaflet and wonā€™t be sharing a presentation or business plan to people I donā€™t knowā€¦)

During the initial application phase I was able to chat with Customer Support and she assured me that the ā€˜Utility Billā€™ that was provided with proof of address would be sufficient.

Now when I log into Revolut Business Iā€™m asked for ā€˜Supporting Documentationā€™ from the above and yet in the chat with Support Iā€™ve said ā€œI donā€™t have this weā€™re a new Ltd Companyā€.

The worse part is there is no chat support at this stage (when logging back into the app after completing the application for ā€˜reviewā€™). So I have no Customer Support at this stage, no way of contacting anyone and therefore Iā€™m left in limbo - hence why Iā€™ve joined the Community site to post!

Iā€™m eager to get my business started yet thus far Revolut has made the process unnecessarily difficult.

Any support to help me get set-up would be much appreciated!

James.

2 Likes

@olga_revolut @JamesRevolut are you able to help with the above? Seems that quite a few people are having the same problem here - having just started a Ltd company and therefore not having the documentation requested from the list above ^^^

Any help would be appreciated to get my Business account with Revolut open.

P.S. I also have a standard current account with Revolut.

2 Likes

I cannot create a business account - when I enter the address it gives me an error

1 Like

Hi we are having issues getting identity verification to work on our business bank account its asking for a residents permit card (which are not issued on the isle of man) and proof of accounts but as a new company we donā€™t have any accounts in the company name yet.

1 Like

Hello. I am just trying to set up a business account at revolut, and unfortunately I confirm that it is still very difficult. man has to prove that he is not a camel

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to speak to a person at Revolut to understand more about the reason behind the rejection for opening a business bank account?

2 Likes

I am struggling as well. I have a new LTD on the Isle of Man, which does Project Management and Development, and got the message ā€œUnfortunately, we are unable to open a business account for you as we cannot support your businessā€™ activity or legal structure at this time.ā€

I reached out to support to understand what the issue is but the only feedback is: ā€œUnfortunately, in some cases we cannot provide any further details.ā€

This doesnā€™t help me to understand the issue and therefore I canā€™t fix it, especially when I get told ā€œThe decision is finalā€. This is actually worse than a regular Bank cause they do at least tell you what the issue is. I would love to use Revolut, didnā€™t expect this.

1 Like

May I check with you if there is any updates? I am in the same situation and couldnā€™t locate anyone who can help me.

1 Like

Hi
I m a new freelancer/consultant and i secured a big contract paid upfront for the year 2021. Can i use revolut business to receive the payment. Also i will be using my company based in estonia with e-residenceā€¦please revolut help me on this

1 Like

Hi All,

I am waiting for approval for my business account, everything is verified and ready to go. Would it be possible to speed this up.

Thanks

@olga_revolut @anon33247966

1 Like

Hi

Iā€™m in the same position as most people above. I have been waiting for the director to be approved for 4 weeks now on a brand new ltd. Every time I click on the director check square it says there was an error and to try later.

How can you resolve this without a chat line, phone or some other way to contact support?

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Cannot create a business account for a new business:

Good day to all!

I have a company registered in Poland, spolka z o.o.
The director of this company is a Pole with a Polish passport, is officially employed in the company as a director, and his position is notarized
He registers a business account and his system verifies, but later asks for the documents of the business owner
I am Russian with a Russian foreign passport and a national visa category D
As soon as I take a picture of my passport, they donā€™t activate me[spoiler]

Summary

This text will be blurred

[/spoiler]

2 Likes

Can someone from Revolut help me with account creation? I struggle with this over 6 weeks. I deliver around 20 documents about my company and Revolut still ask for supporting documents.

I created new company in Poland at 01 NOV 2020,
Type: sole proprietor

I already deliver to them:

1. description In pdf what I do
  2. Scan of my customers receipts for repairs in my service
  3. Invoice for parts with bank statement
  4. Monthly bank statement for all transactions
  5. Monthly summary from my cash machine
  6. Invoice for other business for repair service + invoice for customer for repair + bank statement
  7. Contract with Polish bank for business account
  8. My business cards
  9. Pdf from official Polish Goverment website showing exact info what my company do

My company do phone repairs hardware, but last days mainly I do software fix or I check devices history remotely.

And still I get reply:

Please elaborate your nature of business. Could you please submit evidence with a ful| description of the type of products or services you sell/provide? Ideally, this would be an invoice and bank statement which includes references to the goods you sell/provide from the last 6 months. You could also attach a contract with your client/supplier. Thank you!

I donā€™t have any contracts with anyone. I donā€™t give customers invoices very often, maybe one per month because mostly I give receipts from cash machine(not every customer wants to give his full data to do invoice + itā€™s additional work for me).

I feel really tired and resigned to send some thing more. I never had any issue to make bank account as with Revolut. I start to say bad about this company after experience with creating bank account.

I will not get many transfers on Revolut, mainly one customer for 300-1500$ per month.

I really donā€™t understand what is a problem. Maybe people who verify this donā€™t understand my language, but then how they can verify anything if they donā€™t understand documents.

I really hope someone can do something with this to finish my application process for account.

1 Like

I also have problem with opening my business account. I have a new registred UK company, Im swedish natioanality living on Malta. I have started a recruitment company and will work with HR services. I have a proof of adress, registrations document for my company in UK, and personal i use revolut, i have 2 swedish banks Nordea and Svenska Enskilda banken. Im also have HSBC. I dont understand why its not working?

3 Likes

I have the same problem: I have a newly registered company in the UK. I have sent all the documents for opening a business account (including a business plan as written in the registration form), but the system does not allow me to complete the registration without providing utility bills, rent account, etc. How exactly can this happen when we do not have another bank account and the company is new? In addition, I intend to use a virtual office.
All attempts to clarify the issue of maintenance end in failure.

1 Like

I am adding to this thread because I am also struggling in opening the account for a newly formed Ltd. Company. I managed to go through some of the hurdles you mentioned (I had to provide a huge amount of documentation).

However, because the Company is owned by a foreign Company they are now preventing me because ā€œThey cannot verify the ownershipā€. I provided the Revolut templated with all the Shareholders listed and signed by the two major shareholders and still not working. Please help!

1 Like

@olga_revolut I have checked on your website what countries, types of business entities, and industries are eligible for a Revolut Business account. We are a limited liability software company registered in Romania. Can you please advise me on what ground was the application revoked?

1 Like

Hello, adding my experience here. It is so shameful that I am planning to leave this app.
I opened my business by joining the e-residency program of Estonia which allows to create everything online. I registered my business within EstonianĀ“s authorities and I received proofs that its know a legal entity owned by me. Everyone can access and visualize this data BUT Revolut does not want to hear anything about that and they keep asking for a document signed by a notary certifying that what I am claiming is true.
For an online bank, why they can not accept and double check a data available in a governmental website and take it as a legit proof of my ownership ? They keep answering me with the same phrases mentioning a copy signed of a notary.
Too bad for such a company to get into non sense customer treatment.

1 Like