Buying online in China using $USD.

Hello All,

Can I pay for something on a Chinese website in $USD with my English issued Revolut Card?

Yes, I have sufficient $ to cover the amount in question.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thank you.

I’ve used it to pay AliExpress so I don’t see why not.

I prefer Revolut for such things as the fact that it’s a prepaid card lowers the risk (you can use virtual cards also).

1 Like

Hi Pangolin,
Thanks very much for your reply, In fact ‘Alibaba’ is the place I wanted to use it.
Regards

1 Like

Hi all,
Apologies, I am posting here out of sheer frustration in not being able to start an appropriate topic…sorry.

Anyway, I have just started to use Alibaba and made my first order payment using my Revolut Mastercard. The payment was actually made in GBP for £192. There were no Revolut fees added. The transaction fee of 2.95% was added by alibaba (which made up the £192).
I understand linking a bank account to alibaba makes some transactions a lot cheaper depending on the total amount as the 2.95% transaction fee is not applied.

My question is, can I therefore use my Revolut bank account details to set up the link to this bank account within Alibaba?

a) Does this work in Alibaba?
b) Does this work with Revolut in the same way it does using the card?

Additionally, this would enable a UK purchaser to make the cheapest purchase by assessing whether to take the alibaba exchange rate, the Revolut exchange rate, simply pay in sterling or just use Mastercard with the 2.95% transaction fee.

Thanks in advance.