Budget Categorization of Pockets separately

It seems a bug. I have 5 different Pockets. When I try to change budget category of the transfers to Pockets, I see the options of changing the category of “this particular transaction” and “all transactions from this merchant”. When I select “all transactions from this merchant”, I see that all 5 pockets categories get changed instead of setting separate budget category for each pocket. May be Revolut didn’t think it from this angle.

4 Likes

I have similar issue.
At this moment i don’t see some of the payment done by pocket feature in the analytics… It affect also past payment… Whereas some other payment manage by pocket is shown in the analytics…
I really don’t understand this behavior…
All the payment that i have managed by pocket have a spent category so why only few of them is show in the analytics and the other not?

2 Likes

I reported this issue through the in-app chat and “submit feedback” tool a couple months ago… IN fact, I have reported it multiple times as I keep finding new ways in which this issue manifests. I can’t believe it’s still not fixed. Analytics is not capturing the transactions, which means Budgeting thinks you’ve got more money left to spend than you actually do… it’s a mess.

3 Likes

Sorry I’m new here so can’t start a new thread but I am having an issue with pockets. It won’t let me identify a payment as ‘recurring’. When I go to find the payment thats been made from the accounts its just not there. Its really frustrating. I don’t understand why I cant right swipe a payment and just add it directly into a pocket to begin with. Also annoying I can’t have multiple currencies in one pocket.
But back to my original q, any idea why I can’t mark the payment as recurring so I can add it to the pocket please???

3 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue, I tried to contact the support but nobody was actually able to help since I went from agent to agent. It’s VERY frustrating ! I have bills coming and I’m gonna have to keep an eye on my account to make sure that the funds are there. This function need to be improved ASAP !! I mean what’s the point of pockets if you can’t set them up ? In a most general way, make it easier to setup with a function on each transaction or something like that.

Hello everyone :wave: ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. :frowning_face: Kindly check out the FAQ link on how to set up scheduled payment from pockets and how you set up spending with a budget feature. Hope this helps. :pray:

Welcome to our :r: community @Shaz1 @conorcraig :heart:

SG | Community Team

That isn’t a solution, I bet everyone here already checked the FAQ…
We need a real solution.

2 Likes

So I’ve been in touch with the support team and they told me that the tech team was on it, based on conversations we had, I should have an update within a week or so now. I’ll keep you guys updated if something is happening.

3 Likes

Any news regarding this issue?

I’m currently stuck on the fact that I can not mark payments as recurring.

I think we all love the feature, but the constraints are a bit too tight.

Why can’t we just add all “direct debit” to pockets?

I’m sorry if I reiterate comments above.

Greetings,
Robin

3 Likes

Welcome to our community @Crow. :hugs: Kindly check the FAQ link mentioned in the above solution which will help you to understand how can you set up scheduled payments from your pocket. :r:

However, we are constantly trying to streamline our products so stay tuned. :rocket:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Well before my previous message was censored, I was saying that I’m still waiting on them about that, they’re supposed to keep me updated but so far nothing…

2 Likes

So just trying to update on this. I’ve been able to create a Pocket with my netflix subscription, but ONLY after a few months. I guess the app understand that it’s a subscription after a while. Now, this is on a debit card transaction. For now, I still have a direct debit transaction that I can’t add to a new pocket. I’ll try to get in touch with Revolut support again about that. I’ll let you know.

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen this behaviour as well. But it seems flaky. Not every direct debit is marked as recurring after N months.

I’ve also seen “frequency: monthly” payments. Which I can also not add to a pocket. Neither can I edit the direct debit via the button “Manage direct debit”.

2 Likes

I’ve been in touch with the support team these days. And an agent confirmed to me that in order for a subscription to be detected as recurring, it indeed needs to happen a few times. Which to me seems totally stupid. But anyway, yes I still have a transaction that I cannot setup in a pocket, just like you. Revolut needs to fix that issue and allow an option on each transaction to mark it as “recurring” and add it the list for pockets !

3 Likes

Hi @Svntx @Crow :wave:

Have you been able to fix your query? If not could you let us know how we could improve this app feature? :thinking:

Thank you!

Hi @Mariana_Rodrigues

First of all, thanks for asking! This gives a good feeling about the priority.

To answer your question:

I haven’t really, I have no idea how payments are marked as “recurring” under the hood. But the things I noticed is that not all are marked after a given time span.

This is kinda frustrating because this is the main reason I wanted to switch to Revolut. Pockets are a great concept but don’t seem to work for my payments.

I’m also not sure if this is Revolut’s doing or the Vendor’s. Since Direct debit can be of multiple types?

In summary: Some payments are correctly marked after 2/3 months, some don’t. I miss the option to mark it myself.

2 Likes

I’m happy that you are happy @Crow , and yes, here at our :r: Community we try to give you all the priority :slight_smile:

I understand your point of view, and I would like to check this further with you, so that we can work on some amazing feedback for our feature. Could we connect via DMs? :pray:

I will reach out to you soon!

1 Like

To go further in what @Crow explained above, I’d say that debit card payments are pretty much automatically detected and available as “recurring” and so you can set up your pockets easily with them. As of the direct debit transactions, it’s not so easy. Sometimes it will take months for the app to make it as actually recurring, others you won’t be able to at all.

1 Like

@Svntx

Did you get any updates after the DMs? This matter has been silent at my end. And I see no improvement in the feature in the app.

1 Like

Nothing happened either on my end. I guess they don’t really care about fixing that issue. All they recommend is to wait a few months for a recurring transaction to be recognized as such, and being able to set up a pocket with it. But even then, I’m not sure that it will be possible…

I’m just disappointed that this is the way things are handled at Revolut. I thought that customers experience was their priority but apparently not so much.

2 Likes