Brexit precautions - uploading a new ID in case a driving licence was provided

Hey Daidai. Could you you please link me to somewhere where this is explained and justified?

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/principles/storage-limitation/
under “How should we set retention periods?”

Example: A bank holds personal data about its customers. This includes details of each customer’s address, date of birth and mother’s maiden name. The bank uses this information as part of its security procedures. It is appropriate for the bank to retain this data for as long as the customer has an account with the bank. Even after the account has been closed, the bank may need to continue holding some of this information for legal or operational reasons for a further set time.

Bascially Revolut must be able to prove that you were identified and authorised at any time while your account is active.
The ID does not identify you for the period before your upload.

1 Like

These limits are regulated by national regulators and vary even between some EU countries.

Even if you’ve updated your license now, the former ID still is relevant for the time period before the update happened. It is part of the documents that are stored with your transaction history and so on. They need to be on record for the mandatory timeframe. For example, if your old drivers license would have been forged and a 3rd party would engage in some sort of legal dispute, the bank would still have to be able to produce the legal documents the’ve stored about KYC for the time period where your old ID / passport was the legal foundation for them to offer their services to you.

Legally relevant documents can’t just be swapped out like a software update.

1 Like

Greek passports last for 5 years. ~ 150 euro

I used my Greek ID without any problem. Its handwritten and issued in 2006 ! No problems at all

@anon33247966 i have greek id handwritten and a new greek drive license ! i cant verify my account since May 2020

They can’t do anything about that. You have to verify yourself using a passport or a new ID card.
I had the same issue with you last year and I ended up issuing a new ID card.