🚀 Bitcoin withdrawals have landed🚀

This is hilarious :joy:

You have ethereum in your crypto….

Its worths £5000….

Can you take it out. Sell it, exchange it, withdraw ie remove it and buy things with it?

•Yes you can.
•No, only over a period of 5 months

1 Like

It really is hilarious. Or a little sad, can’t decide right now, but I am feeling with Revolut’s support staff here that struggled to explain how things work with Revolut’s crypto platform. :v:

You can exchange without limit, but you can’t send (withdraw). Revolut generally does not allow transfers to external wallets. Only in the UK, for a small number of customers, transfers to external wallets are possible. And that’s the limit you’re so obsessed with. But it isn’t relevant to the use case when you’re investing on Revolut’s platform. Exchanging Bitcoin into GBP or whatever is not a withdrawal.

Since you’re not differentiating between exchanging and withdrawing, a simple yes/no answer to your question is not possible. Only withdrawing is affected by the limit you keep referring to. Exchanging is not.

Again, I suggest that you head over to the FAQs. Study the articles about Revolut’s crypto offerings.

Good luck!

2 Likes

This topic is becoming really hilarious… :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Oh my god :joy:

You couldnt make this up :see_no_evil:

Ive shown this to many people.

Its a yes you can or no you cant answer.

Ive given up. Take care.

1 Like

Well, those “many people” might be better suited to explain you things then. :wink:

3 Likes

Since this is so much fun, here’s one last attempt.

The answer is: No. But your second half is just plain wrong: “only over a period of 5 months”. This very specific limit for sending Bitcoin (only Bitcoin, not Etherum) to external wallets does not apply in any of the examples you gave.

Here’s what you can do:
– Sell it
– Exchange it

What you can do, but only on the Revolut platform! You can send crypto to other Revolut users, but not external wallets:
– Remove it
– Take it out

What you can not do, because Revolut does not allow Etherum transfers to external wallets. The limit for this is: zero! Not possible – at all:
– Buy stuff with it

(I am assuming here that this is what you mean by “buy stuff with it”: a direct payment in cryptocurrency to someone else – not a Revolut user – no exchange into Fiat currency involved.)

2 Likes

Its not rocket science?

You have crypto currency…

It has a value…

On the app, you can buy more, or sell it…

Once its sold, that money then ends up in your revolut account. I never mentioned exchange or transfer to a wallet etc.

Its so obvious what im asking, but like a politician, your going around the world.

These FAQ’s you speak of read as if. What ever your crypto is worth, you can only sell upto 1000 a month?

To sum it up in lamens terms.

Your crypto has a value of money

I want to use that money, once sold.

But i dont what to be drip fed my money over a period of months, or if it was a significant amount, years.

It certainly isn’t rocket science, and the fact that you seem to be the only one here struggling with this seems to be evidence for this. :upside_down_face: :rocket:

Jokes aside.

Whatever you’re dealing with, if it is foreign currency, stocks, or crypto, there are two fundamentally different types of transactions:

Exchange: This is buying, this is selling, this is exchanging. Whenever a conversion applies. These kind of transactions do not have this limit you’re talking about. You can buy and sell every crypto currency that you’re holding with Revolut. See the FAQs for details. I am going to help you out even further by linking the relevant FAQ article for you here. Fees apply, depending on your Revolut subscription plan.

Tranfers: Transfers are when you’re moving assets without converting them. Between accounts. Or when you’re “withdrawing” money at an ATM. Or when you’re paying a merchant. Or when you’re moving Etherum from one wallet to another wallet, withdrawing it from one provider and storing it with another one. Crypto transfers are fundamentally limited on Revolut’s platform!

As long as you don’t let that sink in, you won’t understand what I am talking about. In your examples and questions, you were mixing this all together, that’s why it was impossible to give you a simple yes/no answer.

Now we’re talking. You just now wrote “once sold”. You’re not withdrawing, removing, taking it out or buying stuff with it here, you’re just selling. This is the critical point I was trying to make from the beginning.

2 Likes

Excellent. I appreciate your patience. Im an Electrical Engineer, so i know cables, not crypto calcs.

But i do hope to learn this form of currency and possible wealth that can potentially be made.

I see exactly what you mean now, and hold my hands up as my wording was bad. But you still responded with help.

Thanks again :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

3 Likes

Cannot find on the revolut apps or on the revolut site any way to withdraw my bitcoins. Please explain the process.
Cathai

I suggest to head over to the FAQs to check if you qualify. If you do: the support chat should be able to help you if it isn’t available for you.

1 Like

Hi,

I have an other question. I am now resident in Thailand. You are not covering that country, will I need to drop off revolut ?

Thank you

Regards

Catherine

Just had the same experience.
No explanation of what is wrong with the ‘address type’ or which types are ok, so I don’t know if I add a third, it will work.

This is a really poor way of stopping withdrawals…

When this feature is landing in Europe ? And how long for 2022 features that are in all EUROPE :eu: as announced in revolut page Of UK :uk: Earlier?Cheers

are you by any chance adding so that we can send the bitcoins to other cryptowallets?

I invest my 20%salary on crypto , now I’m in 35% off loss

1 Like

Hello!

Love to see that things are moving ! Love Revolut!

I was just wondering if payments in crypto with Revolut would come one day. I saw the “Strike” presentation in the Bitcoin 2022 conference and I think it would be really interesting to be able to pay directly in cryptocurrencies without even passing through a VISA or other Card, thanks to the lightning network for example.

Revolut is really nice when other people have it but if we want to use the cryptocurrencies or to interact with the outside world by transferring money faster (with no fees), lighting network could be a start to find a solution. (Mc Donald’s is already starting to use this technology and so others)

Cheers,
F.S.

1 Like

Not much to do with Revolut, nor with the community I guess :slight_smile:
Good luck with your crypto investment

2 Likes

@klusek urgent
people have been bypassing your ID check with “Fake Camera”
Onfido has been notified about this
Enhance your root checks, check notifications / app list for fake camera apps
Reply to this message with your PGP Public Key and I will encrypt a link to you, since I cannot reach revolut without the app.

I suggest to contact Revolut on social media. That is the most effective way.

1 Like