Bitcoin support

It would be great if Revolut could support Bitcoin (for depositing and withdrawing) and maybe other most used cryptocurrencies.

62 Likes

Since Revolut is the best digital card out and far away from the competition I think is a good idea to start supporting the No 1 Digital currency

19 Likes

The Bitcoin top-up VISA’s and MasterCard have really high fees so, if Revolut accept to top-up with Bitcoin could be a disrupting announcement!

For sure I would use it!

12 Likes

I know two Bitcoin prepaid cards, both overcharge and try to hide the conversion fees. I know that Bitcoin exchange has more risk of volatility but I think Revolut could introduce a solution to buy/sell BTC pegged to the rate of a major exchange.

10 Likes

I am interested in using the card to buy or make payments with bitcoin, with a corresponding fee of course.

2 Likes

Great to hear there is a keen interest in Revolut supporting Bitcoin! A number of us in the office are very excited about the future of cryptocurrencies. Support for these is definitely on our radar, and we’ll be sure to keep you posted if we proceed with any future plans.

18 Likes

That would definitely be a great feature for revolut card!

2 Likes

Additionally to Bitcoin there should be support for Price-Stable Cryptocurrencies. The most known are BitUSD and BitEUR of Bitshares platform. They can be immediately converted to the respective fiat currency avoiding the need for exchanges.

1 Like

I keep majority of my savings in Bitcoin. But it’s not widely accepted. In order to spend my bitcoin I need to use slow and annoying legacy banking system to top-up my Revolut account. It would be so awesome to skip the banking step and be able to top-up my Revolut card with bitcoin straight away.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. Adding Bitcoin would be a huge plus. WB21 already do this. Many crypto projects are hoping to produce wallets which integrate cryptos like Bitcoin with “real” money (fiat).Getting the gateways right will be the toughest part. The bitcoin debit cards available now are stupidly overpriced. Charge for card, for delivery, for zero balance, for use, for ATM for exchange etc etc etc. Revolut is way ahead. Great work guys. :yum:

1 Like

Please bitcoin support. I have a revolut account but can’t load it as I am living in a country where credit/debit card available for people only with huge cash in bank. Anyone here who has localbitcoin wallet, I want to exchange $20 USD to my revolut account for bitcoin.

1 Like

Another +1 for bitcoin support. This would REVOLUTionise everything!

2 Likes

+1

But I would like a full BTC wallet functionality in Revolut, so I can operate with a BTC balance that I can switch to fiat as I need to make payments.

@Mikadily Check out Xapo for a Bitcoin debit card - works great.

4 Likes

Agreed. I’ve got a Xapo card, and it works brilliantly. I’d instantly switch over to Revolut if they implemented the same functionality.

2 Likes

@Benglian I believe Xapo is great, but at what cost? With Revolut, BTC to fiat (even physical) conversion is near to 0%. Just need to make extra steps for transferring.

1 Like

Yes there’s a cost, but not everything is for free…and you don’t have to spend Bitcoin. In fact, I rarely do, but I know if I need to that I have the option. And Revolut doesn’t have BTC…that’s the purpose of this thread…and that’s why I am here supporting it.

Yeah, could make a big impact with the early adopters who become your biggest advocates

Definitely support having Bitcoin as a currency account on Revolut so I can exchange into fiat as and when I want. Bitcoin debit cards are usually a complete rip off. Hope Revolut can get Bitcoin on board. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

+1 for this. Currently, I have no way of purchasing bitcoin with either a Payoneer or Revolut card. This feature would set Revolut apart in a big way.

Hi,

Yes, will be great to have Bitcoin supported in Revolut, but until this happens I think you should give a try on Mobi app.

Mobi app was recently released (https://www.mobi.me) and works in a similar way of Revolut app but with Bitcoin support.
1- Mobi allows to convert bitcoin in many other fiat currencies.
2- Will have a Debit card

I think bitcoin users should give a try.