Based in FR and travel to UK

I’m new in Revolut from France, will go UK for travel next month.

I wanna ask:

1. I should exchange some money from EUR to GBP in my Revolut account before I go UK or not?
  2. If I use the Revolut Visa card at UK merchants, they’ll charge my GBP account or EUR account?
  3. If the answer of Q2 is EUR, it means when I use the card on weekends, I’ll be charged the extra exchange rate?
  4. The pay per day travel insurance, if finally I visited doctors during the trip, where should I contact and how to do the claim?

Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing from you all soon… Good night! :slight_smile:

the card will first try to charge against your GBP balance, but if there is not enough money there it will try EUR instead and convert automatically.

exchanging currency over the weekend is penalised so it’s better to be sure you have enough GBP to survive until Monday.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!! So I think I better exchange enough GBP for me to use for the whole UK trip… No need to exchange during the trip or weekends… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi there,

Regarding the insurance question, there will be a “Get help” with a red cross icon in the insurance menu once your insurance starts, and if you click on it, it will show the emails and phone numbers, along with your insurance number given to you by Revolut! :slight_smile:
Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!!! :slight_smile:

hey! you stole my solution:cry:

1 Like

:joy: Wasn’t trying to be mean,sir!