Bank won’t recognise new Euro IBAN/BIC!

Thanks for your reply. Is there a way to go back to the old way? I prefer to wait 2 days and have the money there than wait one day and not have a way to actually transfer…

@Dan85 : +1

Until personal IBAN and BIC are made compatible, I would be glad to temporarly have access the “old way” of EUR topping up.

the old way is available for everyone just use the same IBAN you did last time you topped up your card.If you are so much willingly to see it instead of LT IBAN just ask the support to switch it off for you.

1 Like

Probably this post helps you: No top up from italian bank account

@erevos that is exactly what i did thanks for the tip!

1 Like

I have contacted the support of my bank twice, and them affirm without doubt that the problem is from the iban/bic.

How can I explain to them with the most difficult words and also with the easiest ones, that the problem is they have to update the database, SEPA or whatever ???

@erevos: as I am new to Revolut, I was never given the coordinates for the old way. And the support essentially never answers, everybody knows that; it is a Fintech after all (I am fine with this, as long as things work)

the old way has been described in this thread but it is deeply buried from all the comments.If you have not be able to retrieve the old way I would be happy to help.

PLEASE DO IT.
I have searched in this thread and in a few more places, and I still dont know.

I hope with your information I solve this finally.

thanks

IMG_20170811_081453
This the pool Euro account of Revolut.In order to top up your card you have to make the transaction through a personal account of yours.You fill in the details which are appearing in the screenshot and the most essential detail is your unique reference number which is the last 8 digits of your LT Revolut IBAN.This reference number must be at the the details of payment in order your fund make their way towards your card.

A much better way is when they give you the one of the new GB Euro IBANs. Woohoo!

1 Like

UK personal EUR IBAN arrived… good so (?)
What does it mean that with this we cant transfer money to third parties? There was a small note in the message unfortunately i deleted. Does anybody know about it? Was it with the LT IBAN possible? Actually just get used to the LT IBAN…

What about Upwork? The new BIC/SWIFT is not recognized there

Ask them the problem is on their end.

1 Like

Living in the UK, just received a EUR bank transfer from BE. Arrived the next day on the Revolut EUR IBAN. So, it seems to work.
However, I am unable to send money from my HSBC EUR business account to the EUR Revolut for Business account. I assume it’s HSBC’s habitual poor service and customer disregard.

Well, one thing I don’t get is I’ve seen so many Revolut account euro ibans starting with LT… In the announcements etc., But mine starts with GB… What’s up with this difference ?!

Maybe it solved something for UK residents, but what about ones from other countries ? Banks still ask me to contact them so they can manually add the iban. I’m from France btw.

Hey there @Zyfihx :slight_smile:

The LT IBANs were temporary and are now gone. Stick with the UK (GB) one :wink:

It all depends on your bank “technological readiness”

Yes I guess so :wink:
My Lydia bank/app, which is similar to Revolut but made in Paris, enables me to add the UK IBAN no prob, but the traditional banks… :joy::grimacing: And they charge me 2.9€ per warning SMS :joy::pray:

The thing is, to get paid a salary or things like that, it might be a pain in the *** for the employer :slightly_frowning_face:

Hey @Zyfihx :slight_smile:

Magnificent! Do you know if I can buy a 100 SMS pack for 290€? It’s so affordable :stuck_out_tongue:

It all depends, like you said, on your bank. Many banks in Spain have lately updated this really quickly. Be hopeful :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I can transfer within DK for free with my bank? Or maybe by wire transfer you mean international transfer?