Bank won’t recognise new Euro IBAN/BIC!

Update on the success rate for new IBAN transfers:

I have made multiple transfers using multiple banks to this new IBAN account and not all of them have reached it. Even some of the transfers from the bank that previously successfully transferred the money have not reached my Revolut account.

It is now intermittent.

All in all i’m done beta testing this nonsense for free with my time and money.

Well, well, well … They just started to pop up randomly.

1 Like

how much money have you spend for commission?:yum:

Local transfers are free.

1 Like

Euro transfers from Revolut to my French account are now down from 3 days to 24 hours or less, so it’s definitely working.

You need to contact your other bank if they won’t accept the new IBAN. It’s their fault.

1 Like

here we go again… thank you mate for enlightening

1 Like

what do you mean?Do you have multiple Euro accounts in United Kingdom?

I have multiple accounts in multiple banks in multiple countries.

of course you have.Local transfer can be considered a transfer in UK only.There is no commission between the banks that you use?

SEPA regulation says that an international transfer in EUR can’t cost more than a local SEPA transfer. Since SEPA transfers are now the basic standard transfers for almost all customers in EUR countries, this made international transfers for them free as well.

2 Likes

I made transfers from my local LT account to this new Revolut LT IBAN and it is a free transfer.

We also no longer have per transaction fees. We have plans you can pick from and all plans include unlimited transfers, but only differ in how much cash you can withdraw.

If you read my posting above, it can very likely also be Revolut’s fault, if they really need the exception within the SWIFT IBAN database that some banks use for transactions (pretty much all of the banks that now reject the IBAN because of the missing exception flag).

interesting.we have commission for local transfer so that’s why we have to pay for the SEPA ones.

Exaclty, if a bank charges you for a national SEPA transfer (like some UK banks do for example), they are allowed to charge the same for international ones as well. Was it Danish or Dutch banks that also regularly charge for every SEPA transfer?

Greeks have 1€ up to 12500€ transaction.

Yeah they do. There is no such thing as free wire transfers in Denmark.

SEPA Euro transfers are free.

Many posts I’ve seen, here and on the other thread, are saying the LT IBAN has worked for them?

Is that because Denmark is not in the Euro zone?

Euro transfers within the SEPA area are free. If you transfer DKK from your bank directly to your Revolut Euro account, there could be a charge.

You could try transferring DKK to your Revolut DKK account (for free?) then change it to Euros for free?

Not necessarily. The regulation for SEPA EUR only says that international transfers can’t cost more than national ones. Banks are still allowed to charge for transfers, it only must be the same for all SEPA transfers in EUR.

Denmark is part of SEPA, but the regulation only covers transfers in EUR. (All currencies of all SEPA nations can be transferred using the SEPA technical framework, the SEPA data standard supports all these currencies, but these services are not regulated.)

It also costs to transfer between danish bank accounts too.