Bank won’t recognise new Euro IBAN/BIC!

Nobody said that Revolut is penniless.You should recognise a joke by the emoticon. I cannot target any toxic level in the facts enlisted before because they are facts as simply as that.Let’s just face it.We do not make a list with pros and cons of Revolut here we face a problem with the minimum official support.Revolut came in handy lots of times nobody can argue with that.But we need official announcement.As they did with the recent funds they managed to ensure or the restart of their services in Switzerland.

2 Likes

OK guys, I just heard from support. I am glad to inform you that they confirmed that we can top up our cards using the previous method: Loyd’s IBAN and reference number.

I have also asked them when this issue with the personal Euro account will be resolved and they told me that they are working on it and they think it should work soon.

I will try tomorrow from Austria. By the way still no response anyone from Revolut? @anon33247966? I still dont see any announcoument guide as well… Some people defend Revolut but sorry this is not world class… I still love Revolut but now Im concerned… If I dont read the community news I dont know anything?

If you watch the app its there unfortunately…

I have the same issue in France and the support told me to contact my bank to ask them to manually add this new beneficiary as it doesnt work if I do it via my online banking. So hopefully the bank is able to manually add this IBAN.

Thank you for this. I hope they’ll be able to do it when I see them tomorrow.

Well I have also complained when there was a reason. But some of the comments are toxic and unconstructive - more like trolling.

My test of SEPA money tranfer to Revolut LT personal IBAN
(and GB BIC):
Slovenská sporiteľňa (Erste Group), SK - declined
Ostsächsische Sparkasse Dresden, DE - declined
Fio banka, CZ - accepted and transferred

Update:
Paysera, LT - accepted and instantly transferred

This doesn’t suggest that the problem is with Revolut…

Too many people are posturing about leaving Revolut when they clearly don’t intend to…

Of course. If the required SEPA transfer is handled by Fio or Paysera, each bank should know it.

1 Like

If your Austrian Bank is BawagPSK then you are lucky - I sucessfully topped-up on Friday to my personal EUR account.

2 Likes

Why don’t simply top up with your (maestro or debit) card from the other bank? (Top up -> Card)

The information from Revolut support this morning is that they are NOT intending to provide UK EUR IBANs, that they recommend using the LT EUR IBAN if possible, otherwise to stick with the previous one, and that the issue is not with Revolut but with some banks that don’t yet recognise the LT EUR IBAN and BIC.

That’s a good point. It’s useful to be able to use both methods?

Everybody just chill, these sort of things need to propagate through bank networks and it takes time.

2 Likes

I agree with you. Revolut are doing something a bit new and it will take time to bed in.

2 Likes

Could you please talk to PayPal and make them accept the IBAN?

1 Like

PayPal accepts only personal accounts.Cannot be just persuaded.To have an account in Revolut is easy due to identification tolerance.If this will change then PayPal will accept Revolut’s IBAN .

I’ve asked the official Association of German Banks to take a look into that matter because I wanted to be sure to have working IBAN when I hand it out to receive salaries or ebay payments on my Revolut.

They checked back with SWIFT who controls the IBAN registry.

They told me, that it IS possible to have two different country codes in IBAN and BIC. However, it depends whether Lithuana has defined an exception within the registry. But there is no BIC exception within the SWIFT registry for LT IBANs (they told me).

Thus, a bank, receiving a LT IBAN with a GB BIC can refuse to do the transfer. And that’s just because the IBAN is not compliant with the SWIFT registry. They CAN, but they don’t NEED to refuse it, though.

I also asked the German national bank to get their take on it, I particularly also asked about customers rights for such strange SEPA transfers. No answer here, yet. But probably, they’ll say the same. But if this is true, it has nothing to do with propagation of the BIC through the networks. The banks just are right if they want to refuse it, because their security system checks the IBAN with the registry at SWIFT and find a non-compliance because of a BIC registered in another country.

Of course, that’s just what they told me, nothing I know for sure. But they sounded pretty aware that this is not working that way Revolut wants it to work.

Hope this gets sorted out somehow.

1 Like