Bank transfer with no postcode

Hello I am trying to make a bank transfer to a business in Southern Africa. Revolut is asking for the address of the business and requires a postcode. The business only has a PO Box address and doesnt have a postcode, but the Revolut system wont let me proceed without a valid postcode. Is there a way of bypassing this? Thanks

1 Like

Hi @smashd,

Could you please send me a direct message with your phone number associated with your account?

What’s the name of the Bank?

Hi there,
I have a similar problem - in that the bank in Turkey I am trying to transfer to has no postcode so the app is not letting me proceed

Can you help please?

Thanks

Hey. Please contact your bank in Turkey to get the postcode of your bank. I’ve seen transfers to Turkey using a full address.

Hi Andreas,

It’s actually a Turkish bank based in Northern Cyprus and I don’t think they have postcodes - anyway around this?

Or is the postcode used just for the main banks address rather than the branch you want it transferred to?

Thanks

No you need to use the address of the specific branch.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. The hotel I am trying to pay via Revolut is in Tanzania and had no postcode. I cannot add his account. Can you please help?

Thanks

Why are you trying to transfer funds to the hotel instead of paying by card?

Yes that’s why I’m asking too :slight_smile:

Some hotels in non-developed countries don’t accept the card or will charge you a ridiculous fee. They tend to ask for bank transfer or cash instead…

I’m trying to pay a company in Hong Kong and they don’t have postcodes. Please help.

I normally use “0000” or “…” for countries that have no post code and it works well. Revolut drove me mad when trying to send my new card to Hong Kong which has no applied post code system but Revolut knew it better and insisted that I provide a post code. In the end, I found out that there is one post code for whole of Hong Kong which Revolut referred to but nobody uses (and also makes delivery in Hong Kong not easier if there is one code for 8 million people). I told them if they know it better they should find out the post code and put it on the letter. The letter arrived and no post code was used. Thanks Revolut to harass your customizers.

Hello,
I have the same issue for an international transfer that I would like to make in Tanzania for a safari (tourism company). I cannot pay online and I need to do a wire, they send me their complete physical address but there is no postcode.
Thank you
HĂ©loĂŻse

Im having the same issue what do i do?

Your statement does not exist. All regions in Turkey have a postcode. However, the use of postcode in Turkey is not common. If you are mailing from you anywhere, you can find the postal code of the address from the link at the bottom.

Postcode

Is there any safe way to transfer money to a vodaco tanzania mpesa account?

Dear Sir, I’m living from few months in Tanzania.
In Tanzania is very common to pay items using MPesa, a digital payment promoted by Vodacom, Airtel and so on.

I’d like to transfer money from my revolut account to my mpesa account but it seem that revoluto does not allow this natively.

I’ve tryed using remitly, but it was blocked by revolut, so I think remitly is more or less a scam.

Is there any safe way to transfer money to a vodaco tanzania mpesa account?

1 Like

Welcome to our community @larzeni :wave:.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. :cry: I would request you to kindly contact us by in-app chat so that we can look into your issue individually. :hammer_and_wrench:

SG | Community Team

1 Like