Bank transfer from UAE to Europe

I had the same issue. I entered Bank Name: Revolut Payment UAB, Branch Name: Vilnius , and Branch Address: the payee address. I haven’t made the transfer yet because I can’t get an exact answer to my issue and don’t want to take any risk.

Hi guys
Did online transfer from HSBC UAE to Revolut LT, AED to AED.
Apparently HSBC has updated something cause all went super well.
Money reached the Revolut account in less than 48h.
Even better, I had selected OUR regarding the fees.
Even if they say it would cost 147 AED it is not correct, real cost was 0, not a single AED !
Like I did in the past with Revolut UK
So it is all good now online from HSBC as before :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, would you be able to share again the beneficiary details you out in for LT account (address and so on)? With NBD I still have issues to set up a beneficiary.

Thanks

Hi
I do not know about NBD but what I did from HSBC was this:
I created a new payee, international payee obviously.
I had to mention : beneficiary name (my name) , the bank country (Lituania), my address (not the bank address but my real address which is linked to the Revolut account, so my address in France), the IBAN number (Revolut LT IBAN obviously)
Then the HSBC system generated automatically the bank name and address as follows:
REVOLUT PAYMENTS UAB
JOGALIOS STREET 9
VILNIUS VIL 01116 LT

Address which is not correct according to me, anyway I couldn’t change it.

Then I have selected AED as destination currency and I selected OUR regarding the fees.

That’s it.

Even when trying to do it from ADCB I was never asked for the bank address but for the beneficiary address (even if not in Lithuania)

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

Any update regarding Emirates NBD? Did anyone managed to make it work?

Thank you!

1 Like

You can make international transfers to your old GB IBAN (that starts with GB…, not with LT…). Simply make the transfer in AED and choose you are paying all fees. The transfer is free of charge and is executed in 1-2 business days. However, this is gonna work only until June/July 2021.

Thank you, Badeev!

Is there any way we could find our old GB details? I can only see the new ones now :confused:

Don’t think so :frowning:
At least I didn’t find it in the app, had to check my transaction history in another bank to get the old GB IBAN.

My correspondence with ENBD regarding the transfers in AED:

…Thanks for waiting! In such cases we suggest using your GB IBAN instead of the LT one. We have informed the respective banks about the change and it is their responsibility to update their SSI database for the transfer to go through, if they need more information they can contact us via SWIFT network.

4:19 PM

Thank you Devin. That is the response I’ve seen on the blog. However, I don’t think it is plausible that none of the banks in the UAE have made this change due to an oversight of theirs. Nor is it realistic to expect that a bank customer walks into his bank branch and requests that the bank update its security protocols. This is something that should be pressed upon those banks by Revolut. Lastly, the use of the GB account is finite. I believe it runs out in June. This community needs the support of Revolut to get this pushed through. Revolut is a brilliant service but it’s of no use to me since the switch to Lithuania.

4:24 PM

Thank you for that, I really appreciate it. However, in this case there’s nothing much we can do since the problem is with the sending banks.

4:28 PM

So what can the community here do to rectify this problem?

4:31 PM

As much as I want you help all of you in this case I’m afraid there’s nothing much I can do. There are banks that are not accepting payments from/to Revolut and we do not have control over that.

4:37 PM

Ok Devin. But for now we can still use the GB account? And when does Revolut plan the transition back to Western Europe?

4:39 PM

Yes, you can still use your GB IBAN until June 30th 2021. After this time, payments sent to your GB IBAN will be returned to the sender.

Regarding your second question, we do not have such a plan yet but if there are changes we will keep you posted via email or in-app notifications.

3 Likes

Dear All,

in the end i checked again with HSB, from UAE, transfer out AED, the website of HSB shows 157 aed of fees, but in the end you will not pay any fees, i transfer out 500 aed to revolut aed account and i dint pay any fees. in aroudn 3 days i got the money on revolut

Hi, I’m suddenly having an issue exchanging Euro to GBP. Exchange button not working… Can you help as I am in UK and can’t return to Europe due to covid. Need funds.

Previously it was possible to send money from NBD to Revolut UK. It still is until June 2021 but NBD didn’t approve the new Revolut Lithuania address due to “internal policies”. It doesn’t seem it will be possible to solve this on NBD’s end so the remaining solution is for Revolut to add AED as a top up currency.

Would be great to have an answer from Revolut on this. I’ve been trying to get answers for three months. How hard can it be to add AED as a top up currency. they already have 15 others.

Same issue, will try to send money to my old GB REVO account… Hope they will do something with it until the end of Juny. Revolut was the best converter but without direct AED transfer its worthless.

What would be the best options now ?

2 Likes

Same here bro. If you ‘ve solved this I would kindly want to know how.

1 Like

So this month is essentially the last we can transfer using old GB Ibans. The new LT ones aren’t accepted by ENBD with multiple people saying this and AED doesn’t look like it’s going to be added as a direct top up currency anytime soon unfortunately.

I set up and made a test transfer from NBD to my Irish account using CurrencyFair this week, all went quickly and smoothly including account set up and verification. I’ll be more than likely using this going forward. €3 transfer fee and standard market exchange rate seems to be the best I’ve come across.

I want to continue using Revolut but without the possibility of using with UAE banks or AED top up it looks like it will be hard to do so going forward until they move out of LT

1 Like

Hey Chris, just checking if you were charged by HSBC a couple of months later?) You know, it happens…
I am going to do the same transfer today and have no idea why is it free when you select OUR, the schedule of tariffs says 50 AED for international transfers and plus 100 AED for selecting OUR, so it should be 150 AED in total.
The only possibility is that they consider it as a ‘domestic’ transfer in AED, probably when they refer to international transfers they mean any non-AED transfers…

Hi
Sorry be late
I have done many transfers from HSBC UAE (AED to AED)
Last one was last week
Each time I select OUR for the fees.
The system shows 147 AED but at the end they haven’t charged anything, 0 !
Whatever I had sent is exactly what I have received on my Revolut account.
I have few friends doing exactly the same
As long as it works it is perfect, I haven’t seen a better way to send money to Europe
Cheers

2 Likes

Hi guys,
I am new here. How do I create a new topic?