Bank transfer from UAE to Europe

Hi all, I am currently leaving in UAE, with a bank account at HSBC (AED), I would like to bring some money back to Europe (EUR).

Can I transfer some money from HSBC UAE to my Revolut UAE wallet then change it into EUR with revolut rate, and then transfer it to my European bank account?

If yes, is there any fees? And what is the maximum allowed amount to transfer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Likes

Yes you can! I’ve done this, and it works perfectly.

Open a Dirham account on Revolut, and make sure that your bank is sending Dirhams to it.

2 Likes

There are restrictions associated with :r: accounts – monthly top up limit e.g.

It may depend on your account’s status. Is it totally verified?

Search the community for “top up limit”.

The process itself as you describe it should not be a problem.

1 Like

Top up limits are dynamic now I recall, I asked about source of fund checks though and they should happen when money enters an account rather than any other time :eyes:

If you’re transferring from Emirates NBD, you’re going to find that using the transfer code to get the money routed to your account is not going to work. Revolut doesn’t seem to be able to parse references made to the beneficiary.

I.e., you’re going to have to wait 5 days, talk to support, and they’ll go hunt your transfer down manually.

I’ve noticed. But indeed after a few days they locate and complete the transfer without problems.

Hey Guys,

Also in UAE and with a new NBD account. and have a question regarding the new unique account details that launched to some users this week. (No more reference numbers, YAY! )

We now have 1 unique IBAN per Revolut user across all our currencies but the address of the Revolut bank is not listed in the transfer section under IBAN details anymore. So when I want to make a transfer from my NBD to my UAE Dirham account I use my new unique IBAN but what Address? Is it still the Lloyd’s bank details as NBD requires you to select a bank from a list provided for their Direct Remit service (which states it can send money to a Lloyd’s bank in 60 Seconds and other UK banks in 60 minutes) and while Lloyd’s bank is there, Revolut LTD and address is not.

Will using the original Address for Lloyd’s bank with the new IBAN work or what is the correct process for this. Have chatted to support through App but have got conflicting info. Ultimately does the Bank Address matter as long as the correct IBAN and BIC/SWIFT is used?

Thanks!
Chris

2 Likes

Use something like this: https://www.allbankswiftcodes.com/. Type in the BIC/SWIFT code and use the address that is associated with it.

1 Like

By the way, looking now, I see that the indicated BIC/SWIFT was changed from REVOGB2L to REVOGB21.

Did anyone else get this change? What’s it about? Does it matter? Can I use either?

Not new. You’ll find a ton of posts in that/failed transfers.

2 Likes

Hello everybody in the UAE.
It s a month I m unable to send money from either FAB or ADCB into my Revo account, really frustrating, It s like that since we got our personal IBAN.
Chats with Revo support is only about: REVOGB2L as intermediary and BARCGB22 as correspondent and those are the information I have to provide to the UAE Banks and you know what happens when you speak to a UAE bank employee on the other side of the phone, either No problem Sir or Shukran…
It would be so easy if we could simply top up by credit card. Anyway, any suggestion how to transfers AED into Revo AED account?
Thanx

1 Like

I can’t name one besides a SWIFT transfer.

Has anyone ever been charged a telegraphic transfer fee when transferring AED from Emirates NBD account to Revolut AED wallet?

Today I was charged a 35AED fee, for a telegraphic transaction that was made on the 8th December 2018 ; 4 months after!

Trying to set up my revolut AED account in my ENBD mobile app. It fails because bank can not be found. What details should i use in my enbd mobile app?

1 Like

Chris did you have any luck with this? Trying to add funds to my new revolut account, I am with Emirates NBD, cheers.

Adam.

Hey guys, please allow me to bring the topic back up. I am trying to set up the Revolut AED account as beneficiary on my Emirates NBD mobile app but cannot seem to make it work.

I have been trying to do this via:

• International transfer
  • Add beneficiary
  • Used IBAN from my Revolut UAE account + address in Canary Wharf
  • Select bank is where I am having issue as the REVOGB21 does not come up. We do not have a sort code either

Can you help?

Thanks in advance,

Pierrick

Sort code is derivable by IBAN. As is account number.

Thanks Recchan. I can’t find Revolut from the list of banks. Sort code and SWIFT do not yield any results. Has any of you succeeded in adding their account lately? Am I missing something?

Hello, is there a clear way on how to do this now?

With Emirates NBD, I have the AED account created on Revolut, I have the beneficiary added (couldn’t find the bank on the mobile app but found Revolut Ltd on the desktop website). Now if I do an International transfer, shall I choose AED as currency so there is no charges? I also read somewhere that we should select to “split” the charges when it’s asked within the app.

Appreciate your help with this for whoever has experience.

Thanks

Hi,

I did it with HSBC, so should be the same with ENBD. You have to create your account in AED in the revolut app, then transfer your amount (in AED) from ENBD to your revolut account (info under your AED wallet). It will take approx 1 day to arrive. Then convert your money from your AED wallet to the currency you want and transfer it to your bank account.

For charges you can split or put everything under Revolut, they are charging 30AED for the international transfer, so it’s quite good.

1 Like