Awaiting verification

Come on folks, your quick enough to take my money, now sort out verification, its all well and good having online chat but you also have to man it.
i want access to my money
Cheers

2 Likes

I know, this is frustrating and not really helpful, but a potential problem with funds send into the account before being fully verified is mentioned in the FAQs.

Why do I need to verify my identity?
You need to verify your identity in order to top up and use your Revolut account. This policy is in line with a UK banking regulation called 'Know Your Customer’ (KYC) and is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients. It is simply an anti-corruption and fraud measure.

Until you have completed this step, you are not bound by Revolut’s General Terms of Service. Any card top ups or bank transfers you send into your Revolut account before verifying your identity will be made at your own risk and are subject to applicable fees.

I have sent they via attachment to verify and before they will set you up with a virtual or physical card you have to deposit money…

Yes, like 12 EUR or so to cover the cost’s for ordering the card. This is to speed things up. With other banks, you would have to wait until you’re verified before you could even think about ordering a card.

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re stuck here. For most users, verification is a quick and seamless process that takes minutes. But of course sometimes something does not work automatically. And since there is high demand, waiting times for manual verification are longer than expected.

All the advice we other users can give here is to make sure that the photos sent are perfectly suitable for the cause, because this is often the problem why verification gets stuck in the first place. Also contacting them via social media might speed things up, but my guess is that ID verification is handled by a different team than regular customer support.

1 Like

Just to add on to @frank’s excellent reply…

Typically financial institutions will ask for a photo of your identity documents (where it be a passport, driving licence, …) and proof of address.

The photos should be:
-Fully visible (so not cropped)
-Good lighting
-No glare or reflections
-Clear (and not blurred)

1 Like

Someone’s on it now u believe, contacted via twitter

Hi there. We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have responded and resolved your query. If you need anything else, please let us know.