Average daily balance (giacenza media) necessary for italian taxes

I have done it. I also told support to contact Italian team to understand that and maybe give us what we need. (I personally contacted by email Italian manager for other reasons but he doesn’t look very helpful). For now I’ll try to set up statement excel file to calculate it by myself.

1 Like

Hi, I have prepared this google sheet that can help in the calculation.

http://bit.ly/2IarIYf

3 Likes

You did a great work. Thank you. Are you sure that your sheet correctly calculates 0€ for days before May 11th and add those days to average daily balance? I’m not sure, but I think that the average balance needs to be calculated over a 365 days period. Your sheet seems to calculate it over less days.

1 Like

Hi, yes, you are right. Now it should work correctly.

Thank you a lot.

1 Like

Are you sure that you have to declare Revolut account? They say that they are an e-money service even though they have a banking license.
What if you opened a swiss account / pound account? Do you have to declare them separately or just the primary one?

1 Like

You have to declare it anyway. You need to declare any prepaid/debit/credit card, and every bank account.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m italian too and I want to join you because I have the same issue. So if we are a lot we can tell revolut about our trouble

1 Like

Feel free to give a :heart: to the discussion in order to make it more visible to the staff.

6 Likes

Italian customers are still waiting for an answer :slightly_smiling_face:

Is Revolut interested? Should we calculate this by ourselves, while Revolut could easily do this?

5 Likes

#soon

Best to create your own (reliable) spreadsheet fed with the (importet) monthly statements or something, and keep the statements ready in case they want to doublecheck your numbers… :-/

1 Like

Hello everyone. I’d like this topic to be more considered by Revolut staff. I really think they’re not understanding how much this problem matters to us. I think they should try to listen to our feedback and try to improve their service, otherwise I’m not sure italian people are going to keep subscribing to this card. As anyone received any new information by them?
Anyway, it looks like that from next year the ISEE will be calculated automatically, but I’m not sure if they’re going to consider also cards from England or from any other country. Is there anyone we could talk to?
This situation is really disappointing.

1 Like

Thank you Marco for your contribution.
I still hope Revolut will clarify this.
We need to know whether we’ll automatically see Revolut average balance on the ISEE or we’ll have to calculate by ourselves.

Is it particularly hard to calculate an average daily balance?

I don’t think Revolut should be catering their product to each country within the EU - it’ll bloat the app down to heavens

Instead maybe Italy should rethink such a stupid tax plan or provide the tools for you to work it out easily

I don’t think it’s hard to create an OWN form, but still:
sometimes, it’s just a necessity to have an official report you can hand over to IRS to prevent problems… I’m not in italy, but you should have seen the “nice talk” i had with my IRS due to Revolut didn’t supply an official yearly “report” on the account (they actually investigated my cellphone and the reovlut-app to check i i filled out the forms correctly!)

And hey, when it boils down to stupid tax plan aso - a) Italy isn’t the only country which should rethink its tax-systems; b) it’s almost utopian to think a country would bow to ONE company, and ammend its laws so the company doesn’t have to do the homeworks c) it boils essentially down to “don’t go into markets you don’t want to adjust your product to”. The old debate of ours, right? Don’t you still not see how :r: causes its customers severe annoyances, not to speak of trouble? …Revolut should think about retreating from all non-UK-markets, unless it is willing to at least accomodate at least the tax-issues.

1 Like

I actually just think stupid tax laws are stupid

A UK system where you only file tax reports if your tax status is confusing (which you would know if it applied to you) is much better (here you have your taxes paid through wage garnishing automatically done)

Yeah but to put it very bluntly as I’m sure it’s pretty obvious by now: I don’t care

It’s legitimately your choice to use Revolut, Nikolay isn’t holding a gun to your head

Go use something better if you can find it and then when you do go have all your friends move too, vote with your wallet and any company will move faster

Or the customers complaining can leave as they’re not forced to use the product, then they’ll either lose all their customers or adapt to the local market

Tl;dr stop complaining unless you’re going to back it up with stopping using Revolut

1 Like

Well, @Recchan, if you’re not interested in helping users to overcome the issues they have with Revolut, i strongly suggest you no longer posting in this community.

I think after your statement, any discussion with you is pointless.
Have a lovley day, and don’t you dare start to complain if any of the issues mentinoed in this community start to affect you.

2 Likes

I have been helping people with the app since I turned up to this community - I just can’t help with what isn’t in the app and no amount of reeing at a firm with nearly 10m customers is going to work unless their market share in Italy is a lot higher than I think it is

They’re going to have priorities and localizing their accounts probably is going to come at a later stage, but until then you can only post once and stop using it to show them you’re willing to find someone else who will do what you want.

See I actually did complain to Revolut directly, through formal complaints. They did nothing.

So you know what I did? I stopped using my card! I told them I won’t renew my metal either

You know why? Because I’m willing to take my wallet and make choices with it

Made perfect sense that you ordered another Metal card then…

No offense.

Yes, I wanted to see what it looked like

Didn’t know that was illegal - it certainly only cost them money and me nothing :thinking:

@Recchan your contribution in this topic is not only useless, but even toxic.
We just want Revolut to understand that we, as italian customers, need this in order to pay what we have to.
We just want Revolut to give an answer.

Is it particularly hard to calculate an average daily balance?

It isn’t if you have a few transaction.
It is if you have tons of transactions and you have to manually put it in Excel.
If you think it’s easy to automate the job starting from the xls downloaded from the app, spend 5 minutes of your precious time, do it and donate the file to the community.

You’re assuming everyone should be able to use spreadsheets in order to pay taxes, this is a stupid assumption.

If Revolut develops an internal feature which is able to calculate this (as N26 does) it would be more efficient for everyone.

Please avoid keep posting here if you just want to say that you don’t care about italian customers and don’t want Revolut to care, too.

5 Likes