ATM withdrawal failed, money taken

I’ve contacted on twitter and facebook revolut team.
they know long story.
short story: atm withdraw failed = money taken. no refund. waited for 5 hours already.

imagine, what if I’d sit in a restaurant with my kid and couldn’t pay for food anyhow?

as I heard even premium users are not receiving instant help also?

while waiting for a reply from the support team - …

Had this problem 4 days later still no money back. I wonder if there is a glitch in the system as it wasn’t a problem

The same thing happened to me today. I wanted to withdraw money, ATM displayed an error message but the money has been taken from the account. Support said I need to wait max 10 days. Not happy with this system.

This is not Revolut’s fault, it would happen with ANY bank. The payment would have to be canceled by ATM operator, otherwise you have to waint until pre-authorisation is canceled automatically by MasterCard.

damn. is it a 19th century? 10 f…ing days?

I’ve got the same problem in october 2016. I received my money back after 6-8 weeks :wink:

Yes. MasterCard guidelines … but depending on merchant/payment processor/ATM operator it might be resolved much quicker.

I had my money back just this morning so everything went fine at the end. Money was only gone for half of the day.

Hi @mnemotiv,

As I can see the payment declined and the fund returned back to your account.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Andreas K