ATM usage charges in Greece

Recently used ATM in Greek Islands (Mykonos) and the ATM levied a 6% usage charge to make the withdrawal. Do you have a list of which banks don’t levy a charge for Revolut card withdrawals so we can stick to those.

PS Is the monthly cash limit still £250 (equivalent)?

Thanks.

T

0 Likes

The ultimative free ATM withdrawal list for travelling (by country)

Hi there :slight_smile:
Fee free limit is 200£
After that there is 2% fee.

0 Likes

Free limit is not 200£ Neither equivalent except for British accounts.

200€ for euro zone accounts (175£)
800 RON for Romanian accounts (150£!!! 25% difference…)

0 Likes

It actually is

https://www.revolut.com/help/exploring-revolut/spending-and-sending-money/using-my-card/will-i-be-charged-for-cash-withdrawals

0 Likes

@Iskender is actually right.

ATM Withdrawals up to £200 / €200 / 200USD / 200CHF / 800PLN / 1,500DKK / 2,000SEK / 2,000NOK / 800RON or currency equivalent per month are free. Anything over the above limits is charged at 2% of value of ATM Withdrawal.

https://www.revolut.com/es/fee-schedule
(ignore the word business as it’s not correctly placed in the title, memo to @AndreasK, those are the terms for personal accounts regardless of what the title says)

0 Likes

Would you care to elaborate? The limit clearly states GBP 200. That would place the euro limit for British accounts at roughly EUR 230.

0 Likes

Yeah, that’s it. For British accounts. We agree then.

0 Likes

Well, of course for British accounts, there never was another meaning :slight_smile:

0 Likes

In the post guy mentioned £,so i pressumed he’s from UK :slight_smile:
Otherwise fee free cash is as @Iskender mentioned … :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Not even then. The EUR 200 limit only applies to accounts with euro as base currency. Poland for example has 800 zloty and Switzerland 200 francs. What is unclear is how countries are handled with a base currency not included in that list.

0 Likes

True :joy::joy::joy::joy:
:slight_smile:

0 Likes

Hi,
Just to understand…my main currency is Romanian Ron. I have one account in Ron and one account in Euro. 2 questions pls :

Q1. When I go to Greece and I withdraw money from ATM, how the ATM knows to Debit my euro account?

Q2. If I pay to Pos, and the purchase is in Euro, it will Debit the euro account correct? Basically the RON account is not used abroad.

Thanks
H.

0 Likes

Because Greece is using the euro.

Yes, given you have enough funds in your euro account.

0 Likes

https://www.revolut.com/help/exploring-revolut/spending-and-sending-money/using-my-card/how-will-my-currency-balances-be-deducted-for-spending

0 Likes

I know that so many months past since you posted the question but since other people may be interested as well ill just reply as it seems that you didnt get an answer for what you actually asked.

Recently most bank accounts in Greece introduced a fee when a foreign card is used to withdraw money from a foreign bank account.
if im not mistaken the fee is fixed at 2.5euro every time you withdraw money.
The only bank i know that doesnt apply this fee is ALPHA Bank.

So if someone is travelling to Greece its better to stick with Alpha Bank ATM’s

0 Likes

As a Greek, it’s good to know.

0 Likes

Recently alpha bank has also introduced a 2,5 euros fee for withdrawals with revolut(foreign cards in general). Anyone wishing to withdraw money from Greece should try attica bank (smaller bank), which does not apply a fee until now

1 Like

Did you try with a new local Greek Revolut card or the old which is UK?
As new I mean its show as a greek card and not alien.

But all the stores in Greece accept card payments so you don’t need to worry about.

0 Likes