Atm Portugal "operation not authorized"

Hello, i’m in portugal before 1 week. It’s impossible to take money with ATM. I test it

on 5 bank, operation not authorized ! WE are no problem in France and Spain.
So… i use my visa card, and no problem.

Strange !

Have you checked the security details in the app? One can disable ATM withdrawals there.

No checked :wink:

The ATMs you tried are on MasterCard’s official list of supported ATMs? (There is an ATM finder on their website.)

I don’t know. It’s https://www.multibanco.pt/ . This system represent all
the bank in portugal.

Weird. It seems like it worked for this user:

1 Like

I already test it this morning… block !
I think That it doesnt Work in portugal. :sob:

You should talk to support. You are the only person I am aware of that has this problem. If it would be a general problem for all Revolut customers, I am sure we would have heard more of it by now. I mean, who doesn’t like to go on vacation in Portugal! :wink:

2 Likes

Yes ! I return to Spain :v:️:+1:

1 Like

I haven’t tried to withdraw money in Portugal… but when I was testing the card I tried to pay for things with my revolut card in 4 different places and none of them accepted mastercard (or revolut?).
I ordered the card specially to use it Norway… I hope I don’t find this problem there…

I am from Portugal and have used the card in bunch of atms without any trouble, both the basic and the premium one, and the card is accepted anywhere that debit/credit cards are accepted, there are some places that just accept the multibanco network but they are rare.

I have the same problem now in Portugal with my Revolut VISA card. It worked still on the 8th Nov and not on the 11th or since then. All the settings seem to be ok, paypass works but no cash withdrawal at Multibanco or Euronet ATMs…