ATM in the Netherlands

I haven’t found this topic yet and thought it would be good to have one. I’ve tried my Revolut maestro card at the Rabobank without any luck. Who’s got any success? Please share.

1 Like

I dont get such behaviour by some banks. If your ATM have Maestro sticker, it should work with any Maestro card. Period.

1 Like

Do you mean topping up by Maestro card?

@StephRS
I was unable to withdraw cash with my Dutch Revolut Maestro-card at the Dutch ATMs of Rabobank, ABN-AMRO and ING. I think this is the case because the Maestro-card is a prepaid debit Maestro-card and those are apparently not accepted by the above mentioned ATMs.

The only two ATMs (untill now) where I have been able to get cash (without fees) was one of the SNS bank (located in a HEMA-store) and a Yourcash one (located in a Plus supermarket). Could it be that the ones that are working are offline and the ones that aren’t are online?

Does anyone have experience with using their Visa and/or Mastercard in Dutch ATMs?

1 Like

It is october 2019 now and my revolut maestro card does not work in a Dutch ATM

2 Likes

@RobertMoen @StephRS

It is possible to get cash with a Revolut Maestro Card at a Dutch ‘Geldmaat’ ATM. In 2019 & 2020 the ATMs of Rabobank, ING and ABN-AMRO will be replaced by generic ‘Geldmaat’ ATMs. Here you can check where you can find ‘Geldmaat’ ATMs:

You can also change your PIN at the ‘Geldmaat’ ATMs.

2 Likes