Apple Pay support

You pay a one-off £4.95 / €4.95 to get your Monese debit card issued, which you then add to Curve to avoid any ATM and FX use up to the monthly limits set by Curve. And use Pay in your native currency. For many there’s no need to upgrade to a Monese subscription.

Yeah but the point of getting Monese is to use Apple Pay. Not using Curve. Every non-GBP/EUR transaction will have a small fee on each transaction.

If you live in the UK, there is zero advantage of using Monese when there are better options.

cRXvC5W

Apple now has titanium card!

3 Likes

A titanium card that’ll never appear in the EEA or Switzerland, most likely.

3 Likes

No signature? How will the Americans cope with that? They still haven’t adopted chip & PIN 15 years after most of the developed world did so.

4 Likes

So true, but at least it will work wherever Apple Pay is available.

A card like this would be very popular in Europe. But with most of their marketing focusing on “Daily Cash”, it will probably not launch in the EU for years.

We don’t care at all. Let revolut do it in EU.
Enough with Apple and Google corporations.

It’s now in the final stages :joy:

3 Likes

It won’t launch with the same great deal that the US has ever in the EEA.

We might get a card like it, but I can only see it having cashback on Apple purchases or maybe 0.1% in EEA 2%-3% outside of it

1 Like

lol final stages, didn’t they say that they will bring Apple Pay in Q1?? Q1 is over my dears, I don’t see anything coming in the next 5 days #soon

Well, I guess it ain’t over till it’s over… unless you have additional info. Staying optimistic :slight_smile:

1 Like

They said they will announce further countries besides Germany, not that they “bring” it in Q1, I believe.

Have they announced Germany tho?

Haha, so you mean they’re in the final stages of announcing further countries?

I am saying that the wording regarding Q1 and Apple Pay does not imply the start of the service in that timeframe.

Gotcha. But since they have said many things many times over many years I don’t even think it matters at this point.

I do find the idea ironic though that all the Q1 fuss could be ended this Friday with “As promised: in addition to Germany, France will get Apple Pay soon too. More countries to be announced in Q2.”

N26 said they are launching Apple Pay in Austria even though it’s not yet available there.

Actually, it’s just been announced that Apple Pay is coming to Austria as well. Erste Sparkasse has also come out to say it will support it :slight_smile:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/03/26/two-austrian-banks-say-apple-pay-is-at-last-coming-soon/amp/

1 Like