Apple Pay support

Where would you like to go today? :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, tomorrow. :skull:

The Apple Pay Belgium version features Revolut as “Coming Soon”

5 Likes

We have waited for France, now it is time to wait for Belgium, well I’m going to grab a popcorn to enjoy the tread and pay for it with Apple Pay (with my Monese) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I rather stick to my AMEX. :sweat_smile:

2 and half months later

7 Likes

I really believe they had it almost ready and then something between them an Apple happened. Nobody would make those announcements when there wouldn’t be anything to back that up. My guess is that they aren’t allowed to talk about it because of the NDA.

3 Likes

If you think about it, it is strange to even require an NDA to just make, what it seems like, a technical integration of two systems to work together.
But I know, technical stuff will not be the issue, it’s the money that Apple likes to get. And as much as possible, that’s why they are so protective.

New Apple credit/debit card is comming! :heart_eyes: :rofl:

https://www.redmondpie.com/apple-will-reportedly-launch-its-own-credit-card-this-year/amp/

2 Likes

I don’t see it being released in the EU due to the fact it’s meant to offer cashback on everything. EU caps and all that jazz

I think we all prefer money in our pockets/account than cash back from some credit card providers, so EU is doing good by capping.

2 Likes

It’s illegal under law enacted within member states due to EU directives to charge for card usage, so I’d rather the cap be removed :ok_hand:t2:

I was just thinking, what if Apple does not want to enable Apple Pay for Revolut due to their involvement with crypto ? Something is really weird, as it’s taking too much time for an easy implementation. Why was so easy for Monese ?

I don’t think crypto is a big deal here. You can’t do external transfers so

2 Likes

I totally agree with you, @Recchan. Although I strongly support the EU, the 0.3% cap on interchange fees is one of the worst pieces of EU legislation. It is badly thought out and badly implemented. It stifles the very-developed UK credit card industry, which closely resembles the US credit card industry. Despite this, you’ll never hear a Brexit supporter cite it as a problem.

2 Likes

So do I. I try to explain to people who are against it interfering with local companies that the EU is in a single market to drive competition and trade between the countries, so they’re not interfering with British companies, they’re competing with European Union companies. I think we need tighter monetary union and the deletion of Article 50 though. We shouldn’t give a way out of the Bloc.

Exactly. I’d rather them take 2% interchange so I can get some good cashback :thinking: just ban card fees, heck, even don’t do that. Retailers will just have to succumb to the market when their customers go to somewhere that doesn’t charge :joy:

Brexit supporters can only parrot ideologies given to them by an idiot! No one will ever change my mind on this.

European Union guys should open their eyes a little though, its not all rainbows in the bloc. Its just a lot warmer inside it than out :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think so. When Apple started last autumn in Germany, Apple posted a „coming in 2019“ section with Revolut on their website. Revolut was then offering crypto for years already. I just can’t see Apple putting a partner logo on their website when they have major concerns about a partnership even happening.

2 Likes

Exactly. In fact, ask a quitter to cite any EU legislation they have a problem with, and they can’t. They perceive all EU legislation as imposed upon the UK by Brussels, whereas the reality is that, particularly with consumer legislation, it is imposed by London upon the rest of the EU.

1 Like

They also forget that the UK MEP’s agree with 95%ish of legislation to go through EU Parliament :joy: while only strictly opposing 2%

So its not like Westminster would stray too far from the EU laws wise regardless. They’d just strip more of our civil liberties away under the guise of terrorism prevention

2 Likes

I guess that they will release it by the end of March :thinking: As they said Q1 (January, February and March)