Apple Pay support

The latest on :r: and Apple Pay from Twitter:
“No set date yet, but we should be making an announcement soon”
I’m also pretty sure that since the premium cards will be issued by them, the wait is almost over :wink:

3 Likes

I think it would be completely ok to pay few bucks a month for this awesome feature and support this company.

We spend much more on coffee or drinks everyday.

Making it premium-only feature would be a very, very bad move.

4 Likes

Premium exists, if you’re interested in paying Revolut directly.

‘Summer holiday’ quite ambiguous, since it could be in May (for people taking public examinations.), or in July (for students pre-GCSE), or for office workers, anytime in between May and September.

1 Like

I have got this answer:
“This should be coming very soon, keep an eye out for updates” to my question on their FB page today.
My question was: “Will be Apple Pay available before Summer holiday?”.

1 Like

Well, we can argue here all day. All i’m saying is 2 EUR a month for something useful will not kill anyone as we waste much more money everyday. I, personally, would be ok with this.

And let’s not forget that contactless payments are notso widespread everywhere (i mean the world) many users will have absolutely no use for it.

1 Like

I’m not interested in that kind of premium.

1 Like

That’s a standard answer everyone is getting.

1 Like

I would say there is a basic misalignment between customer expectations and realizing how costly it is to provide payment services, customer support, IT security and future product/software development. Fintecs might bring down costs a little bit for basic current account services but consumers expect them to invest more in software development.

So yes, I agree, good services should be priced adequately and not cross-subsidized.

2 Likes

For comparison Boon. is free for the first year and then it’s 1 EUR a month.

I think it would be better if it would just be a free update, but the cost management is up to Revolut. I’ll be happy either way! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also see no need for web app when you have it on your phone and tablet. Absolutely no need for it.

Um, that would be fine if there were apps for Windows 10, but there are none. My phone is Windows 10 Mobile, and my tablet is Windows 10. So I have to run Revolut via Bluestacks, which is clunky. Also, many people on a separate thread have asked for a Web app for when they lose or break their phones, and it’s a very, very common complaint, and something that happens particularly when people are on holiday, when they most need access to their funds. It happened to my son when he was abroad in Chile. So, I would say there is absolutely a need for a Web interface for Revolut, as is the case for absolutely every other bank in the UK. That Revolut hasn’t realized this basic requirement is a sure sign of their immaturity as an organization.

4 Likes

Sorry that you are inconvenienced, but it will be easier to just switch platform than expect any kind of windows support. Basically all banks dropped windows support. The amount of work required just can’t be justified. Windows mobile is less than one percent and every by now is either on iOS or Android.

1 Like

Doesn’t really follow.

You say that the money spent daily for coffee or drinks is trivial (Not for everyone, in my opinion.), yet don’t want Premium.

Muchacos the wait is almost over. Apple Pay is going to be available both for Standard & Premium user no worries! :heart_eyes::innocent:

2 Likes

Try to follow. I’m saying it is unrealistic to expect everything to be free and i’d be ok paying 2 EUR or so a month for Apple Pay. I used coffee as an example where people spend way more money a month than 2 EUR. I also said i have no use for currently available 7,99 a month premium package, because it has nothing useful for me. I hardly ever travel overseas and i don’t really use cash, but 2 EUR a month kind of Apple Pay support package i’d be ok with.

Clear enough?

1 Like

5 Likes

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It was couple of months couple of months ago.ah well …