Apple Pay support

iTunes acceptance is not reliable. I’m italian and I can add a UK Mastercard debit card (Curve) while I can’t add my Revolut prepaid Visa.

During account verification process, they ask you to share the location via app. Also checking your network provider during the video call.

Revolut’s Visa cards aren’t localized yet. Only recent Mastercards are.

I know well. What about Curve? That was the point of my post.

Well, if iTunes works with a specific Apple ID, that is a strong indication that the card is “localized”.

Curve cards are not “localized”. They officially said that every card is issued in UK.

All Revolut cards are also issued in the UK. UK companies only can issue UK cards, unless they work with local partner issuers.

Localization can be achieved with something that Mastercard calls “account ranges”.

3 Likes

Residence and shipping adress are two different things. Proof of residence is your national card, passport and so (and yes, they will ask you to show them live on their so long video chat) but your shipping adress dont need to be the same country like adress on your id card, adress where you live now, it can be totally different and at the end you will get the card depends on that, the shipping adress. At least i got that and know many others with the same situation.

Place of residence is not shown on any country’s passports or on most countries’ national identity cards. These travel documents confirm only identity and nationality, not residency (except if a visa is stuck into a passport).

2 Likes

Guys, it is just Apple Pay. There are no laws or anything involved. It is only Apple which for some reason wants their services to be limited to certain countries. There are several ways to implement this more or less reliably and how exactly it will be done is just a matter of negotiation between Revolut and Apple.

1 Like

I did the same thing with Starling bank. Now I can use my Starling card with Apple Pay in Czech republic.

1 Like

Do anyone know how much it costs DHL express to America? I want N26 too, especially because our future (EU citizens) with revolut is uncertain and they don’t want to clarify that :))

They put up a blog explaining that EU citizen would be moved to their EU entity. No further details yet, true, but who knows what will haven end of March, anyway… I’m pretty sure they are quite prepared for different scenarios.

No no no.

They said

For Non-UK Revolut customers, in the event of a no-deal, we will begin the process of transferring you to our European authorised subsidiary.

When asked about what that means exaclty (if it’s the Lithuanian revolut, which holds the EU license or something else, they refused to reply. There are people who asked and got only “we are sorry, we cannot provide that information” on a simple question: revolut LT or something else?

subsidiary is not the same with entity. An EU entity would act almost the same as the main one (For example, AirAsia. AirAsia Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines they’re different entities but interconnected.

A subsidiary can be another, different business with different plans (e.g. Lufthansa and Germanwings)

1 Like

That makes no sense. Why would this depend on citizenship? You can’t seriously suggest that an EU27 citizen resident in the UK would be moved an an EU27 entity or that a British citizen resident in the EU27 would remain on the UK entity.

You’re probably right, this is incorrect, as residency is more likely driving this.
And yes, I had the LT company in mind, whatever the relationship to the UK company is.

But then anyway, this is relevant in the event of a completely hard Brexit. All rules valid within the EU lose their validity in regards of the UK?!

So the UK is a 3rd party nation in the view of the EU without a lot of contacts in place between them. Certainly not one that regulates permanent residency.

So the situation about UK citizen with residency in the EU and vice versa is non existent anymore. They would turn into tourists requiring a visa and need to leave after a rather short period of time. As the basis for their residency is no longer valid, they lose this right.

A rather black scenario, IMHO.

That’s not necessarily true. Portugal, Britain’s oldest ally since 1386, has said that British citizens can stay with full rights regardless of what happens with Brexit. Other EU27 countries have made similar statements. Anyway this has nothing to do with Revolut, so please don’t debate this here.

1 Like

No it doesn’t in itself, it just shows how unclear the situation is and therefore Revolut can’t possibly give better information then that they do planning games and have alternatives.
But this question wasn’t really related to Apple pay, was it?

Oh god, every time I see the tread with +50 new post and I’m thinking “oohhh Apple pay was launched when I’m gone”?!
But no, just people arguing each other for things that are not sure :slight_smile:

12 Likes

1 Like